Pic v3 - December 14 2011 - flood fill added

Just got a chance to download it. Another keeper. I can see much use for this.

Please find a screenshot of my first trials for a RayTracer …

http://crazyed.posterous.com/raytracer

Unfortunately the rendering is really slow … I have also taken Andrews particles project and replaced the ellipse() with my spheres. As long as the diameter is small, and number of spheres is little one can see some particle movement already …

After I have figured out how to share the code, I will do that. Too sad that .codea files do not work anymore … It would be simply great if someone could assist in further improving the code and allowing also multiple reflections, although I fear that this will be simply too slow.

Is there any possibility to get someday access to the GPU commands? As the Apps like RenderDuck show, the rendering can be really fast …

Totally cool, crazyed!

In the pre .codea days, I favored gist and github. In particular, gist makes it easy for people to copy and paste code.

Ray tracing is supposed to be slow :slight_smile:

There’s great enthusiasm for GLSL access - I know it’s on TLL’s radar. My impression was that there was interest, but they have other stuff in the pipeline (physics, native fonts, and this .codea kerfluffle) to get dealt with first. Fingers crossed.

What, if I simply place the code in here?

You could, but it means there’s no easy way to select all. It also is harder to bookmark. If its short, here is fine.

Tried to post the code as a .lua file at the same link as above (http://crazyed.posterous.com ). But it seems as if my editor placed fancy characters in it… Can’t correct it now, since with my iPad I cannot correct the posterous page …

The .lua file you posted looks ok to me - I’ll try adding to my ipad later (my ipad has been kidnapped by little girls for a while…)

We could try some experiments with cut/paste in the forum.

I think if the first --comment has a blank line before the first function it makes iPad selection go wonky.

Other than that I’ve found if I click on a whitespace to the right of code contained in a pre statement it seems to select it all fine.