[OFF TOPIC] Shakespeare Programming Language

Hello,
I just ran across this, and I thought I might as well share it: http://shakespearelang.sourceforge.net/report/shakespeare/shakespeare.html
I got a bit of a kick out of it.
Thanks!

@Zoyt thats awesome! :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

not quite efficient…

Zounds, forsooth…

…suppose Shakespeare’s plays are actually programs in disguise? Maybe he wrote the first version of Quake!

Check this one out: http://youtu.be/_P9HqHVPeik

:open_mouth: @-)
The Wolfram Language is beyond awesome!

this Mr Wolfram seems to be quite a salesman…
The langage doesnt seem that natural to me.
Has any one some experience with this langage?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whitespace_(programming_language)

Here is my personal favorite programming language

@bee wow that very interesting. @Jmv38 I agree it does not seem natural at all. I did however really like that you can build a query program and immediately get an api for it. This could be useful for passing data into codea :slight_smile:

‘whitespace…’ looks like a joke…?

@briarfox the parameter comands is almost what we need already for setting a quick api.

@Jmv38 I’m not following you?

i thought you meant Wolfram can help to build a quick interface to pass data to codea. So i mentionned that the parameter menu is not so bad for this too. But maybe i didnt understand you comment.

@Jmv38 The video showed that you can build a project in wolfram and then create an api tailored to your data needs. Accessible with http, might be handy in codea.

ok. However there doesnt seem to be any on line interpreter in open access? i had a look on thair site, and it is not clear where to me. However there is an ipad app for it.
If you could have such a program, what you use it for in conjuction with. codea? (i am just curious).

In pragmatical world, the language itself doesn’t really matter. Before Apple popularized it, Objective C is nothing. Some people consider it, arguably of course, as a stupid overly verbose language. However, XCode and App Store make it much more useful than other languages especially on Apple’s platform. That’s why I always thought that language war is silly. It takes more than a language to build a program effectively and efficiently.

Personal preference also doesn’t matter. Anyone may love any particular language to the death for any kind of reasons. But if the language isn’t used by other people, then it’s nothing. No matter how good it is. My personal favorite language is (object) Pascal. Yet I haven’t written any serious programs using it in the last 5 years. :slight_smile:

What makes Wolfram language so awesome is the backend. Not the language. It’s the smart Wolfram knowledge servers. Without it, Wolfram language is just an esoteric language. No different to Shakespeare language, as Zoyt posted in the first post.

@bee - Awesome language. @Monkeyman32123 - Haha. I’m glad I don’t code in that.
Also, @bee, about your last post, the reason I love Objective C so much is (IMO) it provides everything you need in a high level language, while not making you to do a lot of things that you’re code doesn’t benefit from, like automatic memory management.

objective c is so bad - all c-relative languages are a pain to use. you can do everything, but there is a ton of repeated stuff, which blows the language unecessarily up. also the syntax is not the best. further more, its NOT objective (highlevel) eneugh! you have to care about every aspect and always have everything under controll… Lua, on the other side is beautiful! nothin to strictly to declare and everything is automatic (GC, pointer, memory assignment, etc) I fell in love with lua from first day. But I have to admit, ruby, which is veeery similar to lua, is also damn interesting lang,

Oh, come on! There’s only one true programming language worth the name: TeX.

@se24vad - I think Objective C is the less of the great evils… Well… I Agree that you need to repeat a lot of unecessary stuff, but at the same time, it’s much easier to debug and it is much faster.
@Andrew_Stacey - Not sure if you’re being sarcastic or not… I just looked it up, but I’ve never worked with it.
But assembly is by far the easiest language to code in. No doubt. :slight_smile: