Not 2048

hi guys, @dave1707 and me created game , and i want to share it with you, hear your suggestion and something else. In fact its not my game, because dave made the most difficult part of code. If dave allow, i can (of course only then i buy license and mac and learn objective-c) post it to appstore. Here is installer (not mine too, original idea by @CodeaNoob . P.s please, explain me this tricky trick :smiley: )

supportedOrientations(LANDSCAPE_ANY)
displayMode(FULLSCREEN)
function setup()
    http.request("http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=QByv9ZdP",
        function(d) loadstring(d)() setup() end,
        function(e) print(e) end
    )
end

Main idea of the game : in the top you can see the number. It is total of summing two elements of field you can see below. You have 15 seconds to compare numbers on field and recover number in top. You need touch two cells with numbers, which sum will be equal to number on the top. If you mistapped or something else - touch screen in every place on screen, except field, of course

If your sum was correct , you recieve 25 points, if time flowed up you receive -100 points. Enjoy!

Screenshot :

P.s If you want change difficulty , change

self.interval

variable

@lupino8211 -

function setup()
    --download code from website
    http.request("http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=QByv9ZdP",
        --when it finishes, run this function
        function(d) 
            --load this code into memory, now we can use it
            loadstring(d)() 
            --run the setup function (in the downloaded code)
            setup() end,
        --if the download fails, print the error message
        function(e) print(e) end
    )
end

@lupino8211 You donā€™t need my permission, anything posted on this forum is ā€œfree useā€ for anyone to use. If someone doesnā€™t want it to be ā€œfree useā€, then it shouldnā€™t be posted. One thing I noticed is that sometimes only one square needs to be touched if itā€™s the same value. You need to add code to require the sum to equal the value and 2 squares touched. I found it hard sometimes to find the correct sums which makes it interesting. PS. I didnā€™t do that much so lupino8211 should get all the credit for this.

@dave1707 yeah, i know about one cell, maybe it can be like schtick or bonus . And i have some ideas about gameplay, maybe il add multiplication, division etc.
And thank you for you help and comment )

Nice game! But what do the two numbers do on the side?

@ignatz thank you alot

@CodeaNoob its information for me : number in the top shows you what cell you have touched and below is sum of touched cells

Ahh,makes sense

@lupino8211, I didnā€™t undertand how to play :confused:

@erickyamato : on the top you have total of summing two numbers , these numbers are below (and 14 another numbers that should confuse you) , on the 4x4 field , you need guess what are these numbers . So if you have -20 on the top , you must touch -15 and -5 , or -16 and -4 on the field. If gameplay still confusing you, i will record video. And forgive me for my english, i am foreigner and i can describe things in weird words

@ignatz why only run the function setup? not run the draw function? another question: why not fullscreen sometimes run directly the downloaded code(not the above code)?

loadstring(d)() 
            --run the setup function (in the downloaded code)
            setup() end,

@firewolf the installer runs the string code when itā€™s downloaded, but for some reason i cant remember off the top of my head, setup() in the string doesnt get run, so you have to call setup() in order for the code to run properly, and the reason we only ise setup is so we only download the code once instead of 60 times a second

@CodeaNoob, @firewolf, load string will turn the string into code, but since setup has already been called, you have to call it again to load the new program.

@CodeaNoob, @JakAttak another question: why not fullscreen sometimes run directly the downloaded code(such as Tilt Island, it could be fullscreen with the above code)?

@CodeaNoob, @JakAttak another question: why not fullscreen sometimes run directly New Project(such as Tilt Island, it could be fullscreen with the above code)?