New Project creation

Would it be possible to include the Project name in a comment as the first line of Main when a new project is created. I find that I don’t remember which project I’m viewing when switching between a lot of projects when I’m looking for something. Also, would it be possible to allow us to define what functions we want included in new projects. In other words, a template we set up that all new projects will use when created. If a template isn’t created, then your standard functions are used.

Dave

That’s a great suggestion Dave. Would you be able to add it to the issue tracker? So we can remember to include it.

http://bitbucket.org/TwoLivesLeft/codea/issues

The information about Class.lua and Class Template.lua collected in this page from the wiki may be of interest to @dave1707.

@mpilgrem

Thanks for the info. I looked at the wiki page and found the information below under Templates. I very seldom hook my iPad to my PC and if I do it’s just to do a backup. I also wouldn’t start messing with files on the iPad that I’m not supposed to. I use the iPad all the time and I don’t want to spend a lot of time trying to fix something I screwed up. I reset the iPad one time by mistake and that took some time to get it back to the way it was.

Templates
The subfolder Templates of folder Codea.app has a subfolder Default.codea which contains file Main.lua.

The content of Main.lua is the default content that appears in the Main tab when a new project is created in Codea.