Mystic Rose

@Ignatz . just downloaded your book, I think it will be very good for people that this beginning, and also for those who already have been working.

very good :slight_smile:

Right now i am reading the chapter 9: Physics

Wow @Ignatz, that ebook is really great! Beautifully set out too. It’s exactly what I’ve been looking for to develop a better understanding of Codea. I hope the developers make it the first link on the Getting Started page of the app. Required reading for beginners like me. I know I found it challenging to get started at first - diving into projects to see how they work can be intimidating. I wonder how many ppl have given up before really getting started. Fortunately the help and advice here has been wonderful :wink:

Thanks, @David. I recommend you read the Lua ebook first, though, because it gives you a good idea about special features of Lua like classes and tables. It is also more complete.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qh1e7ft4rvhlpt2/Lua%20for%20beginners.pdf

Wow! Amazing how @Ignatz always draws attention to him… :smiley: Just kidding! Seriously, nice Mystic Rose and nice Ignatz’ books. Really. Saludos a todos.

Haha well @Ignatz definitely deserves a special mention :wink: and the Lua book looks like essential reading too. Great you took the time to do these… and please keep writing!

@David - we all learn from each other. This is a great forum. Hope you enjoy your time here!

Hi… I opened another thread ‘Hue to RGB’ as my attempt to be able to randomly select saturated colours. Would be interested in comments/advice. Thanks :wink: