My Rubik's Cube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TwNF4r-iG0

Hi @Mpark,

That’s interesting - a few questions on that:

1. I’ve seen the back of reverse faces on occasions - but only when I’ve set up a mesh with the wrong size (bigger than the images).
  2. I’ve often found the images reversed (left <> right) when I’ve set up cubes.
  3. I take it you use one black mesh 6 times? Do you place the black mesh first then overwrite each one with the face image?

Final thought - have you got 27 (or maybe 26) cubes set up to effect the Rubik’s cube? I can’t see how you could achieve the effect any other way.

Bri_G

:slight_smile:

That is Rubikously cool. Nice job.

Very cool project.

Hi @Mpark,

Your cube is amazingly cool!!! I’ve been playing with cubes in a much smaller way, just single faces and that’s really hard work for me. Splitting the faces and rotating them like a Rubik’s cube is mind boggling.

You must be using meshes!! ?

Thanks, brightened my day and injected some much needed adrenalin.

Bri_G

:slight_smile:

Thanks, all.

@Bri_G, I am indeed using—or possibly misusing—meshes. Maybe someone can check me on this. My understanding is that a mesh can have one texture bitmap, so I have six meshes, one for each of the pictures on the six sides of the cube. I also have a seventh mesh that’s solid black for the inner (hidden) faces of the cubelets (otherwise you can see into the cube when you twist it).

@mpark: Would you please share the code with us? TIA. :slight_smile: