My app wants access to the camera?

Hi all,

@Simeon after 14 months we are nearly ready to release our game…

I don’t think the community can afford to have the Apple review process fail off the back of this…

Can you release an update to the current Codea 2.0.n to fix this?

We are 4 weeks into testing and I’m not sure we can take on and release based on the beta 2.1 runtime…

Regards,
Brookesi

@brookesi. Apple won’t reject your app based on having a prompt about the camera. My app got approved, and it still prompts users to approve the app using the camera. In addition, my two updates also got approved.

@Simeon. Sorry, but how would you link the new libraries?

Hi @YoloSwag

Ok, maybe, I was referring to @oddcorrado 's comment above:

I am having this issue as well (only on ios8 targets). Our app is currently being reviewed and this is the only point blocking the app release.

For existing apps then I guess it is OK, I’m concerned about new apps…

Regarding linking, you may need to ask @Simeon if you can be part of the beta program which means you can download (and export from) Codea 2.1 from TestFlight…

I was hoping the UIRequiredDeviceCapabilities section of the plist could be used to specify ‘still-camera’ false, but that would stop the app being loaded on anything with a camera!

Brookesi

@brookesi @YoloSwag @oddcorrado the 2.1 runtime fixes permission requests with the camera — though it is a vastly different architecture from 2.0.

You can download it here: http://codea.io/talk/discussion/5797/codea-2-1-runtime-lib-prerelease-xcode-project

Just a small update:

We got accepted with the 2.0 actually :).

We tried to turn the “bug” into a “feature”: when we share scores on social networks you can post a selfie with some fancy game graphics. This justifies the request for camera access.

I had the same problem, and just submitted the game with it anyway. I think it only asks the very first time you open the app.

Update: Game was rejected due to the camera request.

I need to figure out how to use the 2.1 runtime with iAds addon.