Mr Effelsberg (LoveCodea)

Hi Stephan,

Just wanted to send my thanks for updating loveCodea. I was part way thru trying to update it for Love2D 0.9.2 myself - crawlingly slow, when I noted that it had been updated. Promptly loaded onto my PC and tried out the Codea Mesh example which worked beautifully.

Thanks for your time and effort put in, much appreciated. I managed to tidy a few trivial issues up but hit a problem with Vector.lua and was about to pack in. Timing was superb.

Bri_G

=D> =D> =D> :smiley:

could you post the link? Thanks

Hi @Jmv38,

Easy to get a simple net search would have found it , but then again easier if I had posted it. Sorry, here it is:

loveCodea

Thanks again to Stefan - have fun.

Bri_G

:smiley:

P.s. Parameters work!!!

Hi All,

Update on the loveCodea wrapper. Tried all the examples supplied with Codea. Most work, some don’t work as the PC can’t handle multi-touch or orientation sensors (gravity). It also has no camera and the 3D demos won’t run. I also found no sound at all on my system. The PC also needs to be OpenGL compatible (one of my PCs is and one not).

That said the Anagrams, Basic Physics, BitInvaders, Bubbles, Basic touches, Lines, Mesh, Noise, Ping and Vector Sprites all run.

I’m looking at the few that don’t to see if I can resolve the problems.

As a basic tool for simple prototyping it works well. What I miss most is the 3D aspects, perspective and camera. I’ll see if I can add them - but don’t hold your breath.

Bri_G

Hi All,

Resolved one of the problems already - several demos would not run because of a deprecated call:

the old

local stencil = love.graphics.newStencil(punchhole_stencil)

should now be replaced with

local stencil = love.graphics.setStencil(punchhole_stencil)

This in the Parameter.lua file. Then they work but there are still some issues with the toggle function. I’ll look into that.

Bri_G