MLG flappy Bird

This is my flappy bird code, I had this as a class project and I would like some useful feedback and nice comments thanks. Before you read the below I must say this was a CLASS project, I worked with others so my code is somewhat similar to others on this website but alas all is generic to me.

function setup()
flappy=readImage("Dropbox:mlgflappybird")
pipe=readImage("Dropbox:pipe up")
pipe2=readImage("Dropbox:pipedown")
background=readImage("Dropbox:mlg")
flappyX=100
flappyY=HEIGHT/2
flappySpeed=1
pipeSpeed=-3
pipeHeight=10
x1=100
y1=500
w=125
pipeX=WIDTH
pipeY=math.random(-15,15)*10
pipeA=pipeX+375
pipeB=math.random(-15,15)*10
pipeC=pipeA+375
pipeD=math.random(-15,15)*10
gamestate=1
score=0
crash=0
end --all of the above are random useful variables for this code, some for the pipes and some for the flappy, all very helpful.

function draw()
sprite(background,WIDTH/2, HEIGHT/2, WIDTH, HEIGHT)
flappyY=flappyY+flappySpeed
flappySpeed=flappySpeed-0.11 --this is what makes flappy down on the y axis
sprite(flappy,x1,flappyY,w) --this is the actual pic of the flappy
if flappyY>=HEIGHT-15 then flappyY=HEIGHT-15 --roof
    flappySpeed=-1
end
if flappyY<=15 then flappyY=15 --floor
    flappySpeed=1
end
    sprite("Dropbox:pipedown",pipeX,pipeY+765,75,550) --this is the first section of the top and bottom pipe, it makes the pipes move on the x axis and you score when you pass them. It also has it so the gap is always in different spots. 
   sprite("Dropbox:pipe up",pipeX,pipeY,75,550)
   pipeX=pipeX+pipeSpeed
   if pipeX<=-75 then 
       pipeX=pipeC+350
       pipeY=math.random(-15,15)*10
        score=score+1
   end
    sprite("Dropbox:pipedown",pipeA,pipeB+765,75,550) --this is both of the second pipes and it does the same as I explained above
   sprite("Dropbox:pipe up",pipeA,pipeB,75,550)
   pipeA=pipeA+pipeSpeed
   if pipeA<=-75 then
       pipeA=pipeX+350
       pipeB=math.random(-15,15)*10
        score=score+1
   end
    sprite("Dropbox:pipedown",pipeC,pipeD+765,75,550) --this is both of the third pipes
   sprite("Dropbox:pipe up",pipeC,pipeD,75,550)
   pipeC=pipeC+pipeSpeed
   if pipeC<=-75 then
       pipeC=pipeA+350
       pipeD=math.random(-15,15)*10
        score=score+1
end

function touched(touch)
    if touch.state==BEGAN then flappySpeed=flappySpeed+5.5 end --this is what makes the flappy go up with touch incorporated
end

if flappyX>=pipeX-70 and flappyX<=pipeX+70 and flappyY<=pipeY+310 then --This here is the first of the collition detection, this is the bottom pipe of the first two that gives its defined collition detection. 
    gamestate=crash
    end
if flappyX>=pipeA-70 and flappyX<=pipeA+70 and flappyY<=pipeB+310 then --This is the second row of the bottom pipe
    gamestate=crash
    end
if flappyX>=pipeC-70 and flappyX<=pipeC+70 and flappyY<=pipeD+310 then --This is the third row of the bottom pipe
    gamestate=crash
    end
if flappyX>=pipeX-70 and flappyX<=pipeX+70 and flappyY>=pipeY+460 then --This is the collition detection of the top pipe of the first row, all was changed was the height of the collition detection because they are both in the same spot. 
    gamestate=crash
    end
if flappyX>=pipeA-70 and flappyX<=pipeA+70 and flappyY>=pipeB+460 then --This is the second row of the top pipe
    gamestate=crash
    end
if flappyX>=pipeC-70 and flappyX<=pipeC+70 and flappyY>=pipeD+460 then --This is the third row of the top pipe
    gamestate=crash
    end
    if gamestate==crash then
        flappySpeed=flappySpeed*0
        pipeSpeed=pipeSpeed*0
        text("YOU FAILED! You scored "..(score).." points.",WIDTH/2,350) --all of this here simply says if you die then everything stops and a text pops up saying you failed and your score. 
    end
end

Thank you :smiley:

Main:26: bad argument #1 to ‘sprite’ (codeaimage expected, got nil)
stack traceback:
[C]: in function ‘sprite’
Main:26: in function ‘draw’

You don’t have the actually picture, theres no problem there I believe, If you tried copy and paste it wont work because you don’t have the actual jpg’s.

@Faze_Krazy - I don’t know if your teacher is sending you guys here to get comments, but if so, please tell him to stop. We aren’t a free tuition service, we are real people with busy lives.

We are happy to help people solve problems and learn Codea, but it’s a bit much to expect us to examine 100 lines of code which is mostly the same as someone else’s code, and we don’t even know if you are interested in learning Codea at all, or whether you are just farming for compliments (on code which you admit is largely not yours anyway).

If you want to learn Codea, we will help you. But if you’re just doing this because you have to, and you have no intention of learning Codea for yourself, then why should we waste our time? I’m not getting at you personally, as you have been quite open and up front - but can you see my point? What’s in it for us? Would you waste your time examining a pile of code like this?