Maze

Hi kind folks, I’m in the process of creating a fun (maybe) game about mazes, but I have problem with clearing array of physical objects, could you help me out a couple of lines of code? I would be very grateful to your if you suggestion/solution helps

P.s Should I attach the code?

demonstration

Yes, code helps

@Ignatz i make it like dave1707’s example of multiple objects, so i attach his example .
And this is my main class . I tried call body:destroy() func in line 53 , but this attempt didn’t work

@lupino8211 To get rid of physics objects you don’t want anymore, just use
body:destroy() . If they’re also in a table, remove that entry after the destroy.

@lupino8211 Here’s an example. I create 200 physics objects in a table, destroy them and remove them from the table when they get to the line. The number below the line shows how many objects are in the table.

displayMode(FULLSCREEN)
supportedOrientations(PORTRAIT_ANY)

function setup()
    tab={}
    for z=1,200 do
        b=physics.body(CIRCLE,20)
        b.x=math.random(WIDTH)
        b.y=math.random(HEIGHT,5*HEIGHT)
        b.gravityScale=.1
        table.insert(tab,b)
    end
end

function draw()
    background(40,40,50)
    fill(255)
    text(#tab,WIDTH/2,250)
    stroke(255)
    strokeWidth(3)
    line(0,280,WIDTH,280)
    for a,b in pairs(tab) do   -- loop to show and check objects
        ellipse(b.x,b.y,40)
        if b.y<300 then
            b:destroy()   -- destroy object
            b.info="rem"   -- set to indicate it needs to be removed
        end
    end
    for z=#tab,1,-1 do   -- loop to remove them from the table
        if tab[z].info=="rem" then
            table.remove(tab,z)  -- remove from table
        end
    end
end

@dave1707 thank you very much

@dave1707 wtf is wrong?

@dave1707 wait. I think i have got it

Upd : no, i dont

@lupino8211 - should be b:destroy()

@dave1707 @ Ignatz , thank you for you suggestions, but I decide not to mess around with physics no more

@lupino8211 A lot of what I showed will be used even if you don’t use physics objects. So don’t give up on physics just because you don’t understand it. Physics objects are used in a lot of games and make the games easier to code then if you tried to do it without physics objects.

@lupino In that for loop, a is the index of the variable, and b is the variable itself. So since the variable is your physics body, you should call b:destroy(). a is just the information of where the variable is in the table.

@dave1707 thank you, hope everything else will work good

@SkyTheCoder thank you, but i knew this. It’s typo :slight_smile: