List of Competition Entries

@Nat - Win or not, my girls are going to LOVE IT.

Great. I’m going to keep tinkering with it, so any feedback will be much appreciated.

Simeon: is it ok to post a link to the code while the competition is running?

@Nat absolutely. I was hoping to do it myself but I’m just finishing the 1.3.1 update.

It would be great if people can start exploring the submissions.

When you post it I’ll include a link to it in the first post.

Hey, i would like to see the code ,i love mine hehehe but i dont know if others shares also their work :slight_smile: hope so

Great. The code is at https://github.com/npryce/codea-fishing

Gents, I’ve created a separate discussion for “bomber” and pasted the code there. It’s a lot of copy and paste - better get myself a GitHub account soon!

We’ll be going through the entries soon now that Codea 1.3.1 update is submitted for review.

Thanks @Nat, i have tested the game, you did a great job! :slight_smile: but i would like to get the fish rather than save it, i am hungry!! hahaha

Haha @juaxix. I kind of agree… Maybe make an adult version. Make it very gory and then we also have to gut the fish. Haha. I’m entertaining myself.

When do we get the results? It’s been 3 days.

@Zoyt, @juaxix: I originally wrote it so you caught the fish, but changed it when people pointed out that it’s not a very non-violent game from the fishes point of view!

If you try the very latest code on GitHub I’ve added more gameplay mechanics that make the game more interesting. It’s now worth keeping all the fish on screen and they become more curious as you pull more junk from the river which makes the game increasingly challenging.

Also, tapping three times in the top-left corner turns on debug visualisation so you can see what the fish are thinking.

Haha! Awsome! Sounds good!

I’ve just added some graphical and sound effects so the player has a better idea of events that affect gameplay

Now it’s been 7 :frowning:

If I had to guess it will be timed with the release of the backend engine. That would be a better storyline for people using Codea Play into getting into Codea Prime (I made that up). Being that it’s difficult to unwind the backend it may take some time.

But this is only a guess, a person can dream, yes?

@Ipda41001 that’s sort of the case. The backend has been unwound from the main App now, Codea Play just needs some finishing.

@Zoyt I want to make sure the submitters get a version of Codea Play to play their entries on.

Status update: Codea Play is almost done. I’m going to pre-load all the entries into it and provide it to a number of people to get feedback on which entries will make the release.

Ok ,if you need help tell us, just wanted to cheer up :slight_smile:

Judging the entries. All of them are brilliant, everyone has done an amazing job.

Edit: I’ll post feedback in a separate thread.