Jointing physics lab objects to make a swordsman (RESOLVED)

Hello friends…sorry for my noobiness with question after question, but I’m trying to make a simple swordsman for a game.

The person will be a Circle and the sword will be a funky polygon and I can make both objects just fine, but I can’t seem to join them in such a way that the sword is tangential to the circle, the and furthest pixel on the hilt is just touching the circle. Everything I do ends up with a sword and a circle wibblywobbling around some point in between them…can someone give my an example code of how to group 2 objects together in physics lab?

You could use the WELD joint to stop the sword from moving or rotating relative to the circle

@Invad3rZIM Depending on how you would like the body to act with the sword, it could be very difficult or very easy. I have a game I made when I first started that uses a box as the player and a non-physical sword for hitting enemies. If you would like I will PM you the code with an explanation.

@Invad3rZIM Is this like what you’re after.

function setup()
    d=0
    val=3
end

function draw()
    background(40, 40, 50)
    pushMatrix()
    d=d+val
    if math.abs(d)>90 then
        val=-val
    end
    translate(WIDTH/2,HEIGHT/2)
    rotate(d)
    sprite("Tyrian Remastered:Huge Missile",0,120,-50)
    popMatrix()
    sprite("Space Art:UFO",WIDTH/2,HEIGHT/2)
end

@coder that’s EXACTLY what I needed :slight_smile:
@luatee thanks for letting me study your code
@david1707 how on earth does that sword rotate?

@Invad3rZIM I use the rotate command to swing it back and forth.

@dave1707 There’s so much I don’t know…

Have you ever had a problem when making new chains where they don’t register as initialized?