JCan you help my problem?

Please don’t assume so much

P

P

@TheRogueBatcher - it’s straightforward to do a file compare against the two bits of code:

The differences are:

1. Changed the internal comment at the start
  2. Changed supported orientations to PORTRAIT_ANY from PORTRAIT
  3. Changed the value of gap variable from 250 to 200
  4. Changed the speed variable from 3 to 5
  5. Changed the background flash to white
  6. Changed the background to a different colour
  7. Changed the font used
  8. Changed the font size
  9. Added the text “(You need to Keep Tapping To Keep Flapping)”
  10. Changed the sprite to a crate
  11. Added a pointless fill() command
  12. Changed the grass block sprite
  13. Changed Hi Score to High Score
  14. Changed the colour of the rectangle
  15. Changed the colour of the text of “Go!”…
    16 …and changed it to say “Retry” instead

These (bar 2,3 and 4) are cosmetic changes. 3 & 4 are parameters which I put in to allow the game response to be adjusted.

Given that all the variable names, whitespace, order of function calls are identical I would assume that you did copy it in the first instance and then make the modifications above.

Given the evidence above I think it is fair to make this assumption…

@TheRogueBatcher - I did a text compare of your program above, against West’s program, and it is an exact duplicate with a few minor changes to sprite names and screen positions.

Every line of code that does anything, is absolutely identical, from start to finish.

So you did copy it. And then you didn’t admit it, which is worse.

[-X

P

P

@TheRogueBatcher - it’s a straight steal. Red card.

This would be why I basically refuse to put code onto the forum.

I would say this is strike one against @TheRogueBatcher and he’s heading for a DELETE in my opinion.

@athros If you read carefully what West has said, he’s not objecting to the fact that TheRogueBatcher used his code, it’s that TRB did not acknowledge the use. We all share code fully expecting it to be used and abused, but we like attribution as a “thank you” and we appreciate honesty.

@Andrew_Stacey - exactly

@Andrew_Stacey @Ignatz - I completely understand why folks are up in arms. It would be just as irritating to me if it was my code. It still keeps me from posting code to the forums (though it’s going to be a moot point soon - I’m starting to run into problems, and I cannot seem to work them out)

I’m more than happy for people to take my code posted here and do with it as they please. If they learn from it even better. It just seemed he was being disingenuous to people he was asking help from by claiming it was his. To his credit he did thank people who helped him out which is nice to see.

I think this will be a learning moment. We share code hoping people will find use for it, but when you repost said code, a thank you is nice.

(And lying is never good)

I