Issue with asset packs and iOS 9's OnDemandResources

@Rodolphe the first two steps will cause the libraries to be re-downloaded by Xcode on the next build (updating libversion + deleting the old libraries will tell Xcode to download the 2.3.2 libraries, which contain the necessary updates).

@Simeon that’s pretty neat!

This doesn’t work for me (the app can’t find images) though… I’m pretty sure I followed all the steps, which were pretty straight forward. Is anyone else having trouble? (the build does validate though :slight_smile: )
Incidently, turning bitcode “on” throughs an error while building as well. I’m wondering if xcode did download the right runtimes (my libversion file does say 2.3.2)… If this is of any indication, the newly downloaded libcodea.a is 59.4mb and libtools.a is 30.7mb, excatly the same size than the ones I deleted.

@Rodolphe it sounds like you have the old libs still there going by your reported file size. Did you delete them, update your libversion file, then attempt the rebuild? Xcode should check the libversion file to find the right libraries to download.

Edit: from the conversation on Bitbucket it sounds like you might be coming from a project initially exported before Codea 2.3.1.

After applying the patches suggested, I was able to compile, test, and generate ad Hoc versions without an issue. However, I wasn’t able to submit to the store.

First, I ran into issues with an error indicating “Invalid Bundle. iPad Multitasking support requires launch story board in bundle ‘com.companyname.appname.’”

This can be solved by turning off multitasking support explicitly by selecting the “requires full screen” build option.

However, that still didn’t get my next release up. I immediately ran into errors indicating “unexpected CFBundleExecutable Key” in the RuntimeResources.bundle

The error indicates that bundles “is part of a third party framework, consider contacting the developer of that framework for an update.”

And… there’s a fix for that. In fact, a fix suggested by Apple’s error message.

Going into the RuntimeResource plist and the ToolsResources plist and removing the executable file value seems to solve the problem.

Wheh. Successful upload.

So, in addition to the steps above. Add these:

o On General / Deployment Info, select “Requires full screen” to address multitasking issues. This addresses the error that may appear indicating the need for a “launch storyboard”

o Open the frameworks folder and find RuntimeResources and ToolsResources. In each, open the info.plist and remove the Executable File string. This addresses errors that may appear indicating an unexpected executable key.

Thanks a lot @Mark! That will be useful when I have my “old runtime” problem solved… Cheers!

Dear G to the D, this was helpful. Thanks you so muches.

Hi everyone, this is the best thread I could find for my situation. I am updating an app that had library 2.2. I followed all of the directions, but am now receiving a set of 3 errors involving the Game Center add on.

Undefined symbols for architecture armv7:
“_luaL_openlib”, referenced from:
_luaopen_gamecenter in GameCenterAddon.o
(maybe you meant: _luaL_openlibs)
“_lua_call”, referenced from:
-[GameCenterAddon codea:didCreateLuaState:] in GameCenterAddon.o
(maybe you meant: _lua_callk)
ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture armv7
clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)

“_luaL_openlib”, referenced from:

_luaopen_gamecenter in GameCenterAddon.

(maybe you meant: _luaL_openlibs)

“_lua_call”, referenced from:

-[GameCenterAddon codea:didCreateLuaState:] in GameCenterAddon.o

(maybe you meant: _lua_callk)

ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture armv7
clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)

Do I need to change something else or am I stuck not able to update this app anymore?

Thanks for any advice possible, it has been a wonderful community to engage with.

Jeffrey