Issue with asset packs and iOS 9's OnDemandResources

@erickyamato thanks for explaining that. If either of you can recommend an Xcode for dummies blog/resource I should read, I’d be grateful.

@Rodolphe I can archive the app, but the validate button is greyed out. Below it it says “Distribution requires enrolment in the Apple developer program”. I guess that’s the limit of the free account then.

@yojimbo2000 I’m a dummie too! hahaha

But, I’ll try to create something to help with Codea → Xcode

(I’ll looking for on Stack Over Flow)

To archive an app, you need a developer profile installed on your device!

Oh ok… We need somebody with a developer account to check this then… :slight_smile: Anyone?

What do you need me to check?

Probably a stupid question, but how come you want your app to be iOS 9 only?

You could open a codea-based project with image assets, plug in you ios device, go to “product”, “archive”, then “validation”

Does it come up with any error?

Thanks!

Dangit, was right on the edge of getting my app published, hope ios 9 doesn’t add too many problems. Also, if you choose upload to iTunes within the archive section, does that just upload it to iTunes connect from which you can use test flight etc? Was nervous about clicking that for fear of accidental publishing, and was just wondering for verification.

@yojimbo2000, I don’t need my app to be iOS 9 only (I set the target to iOS 7), but to be compatible with iOS 9.

Oh ok, apologies, i thought you had the target set to iOS9.

@Mr_Ninja, you can’t just upload, no, the error comes up. So I get it that you are having this issue too?

No worries @yojimbo2000, my English isn’t the best

I’ve never tried uploading yet. All uploading does is move the app to iTunes connect, not to the store, correct?

If anything, I can’t open xcode 7, gets stuck on installing components

EDIT: Nevermind

@Mr_Ninja, you don’t need to upload, but simply “validate”. Your build isn’t sent anywhere! If you want to upload, it goes to itunes connect, where you can decide, later, to send it for app store approval.

Ok, thanks. I’ll try it out tomorrow. I’ll let you know how it goes.

Just tried validating, got the same on demand assets error. Looks like its an issue with the code runtime to me, though I might be wrong. @Simeon ???

I think it’s how the new app thinning thingy works on Xcode 7, which might be incompatible with the way Codea exports projects :frowning: Thanks a lot for trying, I feel a little less alone :wink:

What happens when you put the asset pack in /OnDemandResources (the path that the error message says the asset pack should be in)?

Although, reading Apple’s documentation, /OnDemandResources (as the name perhaps implies) seems to be for resources on a remote server that are dynamically loaded on demand. So that’s not where the dropbox assets should be placed either.

I just noticed there’s a ticket for this issue, with a reply from @Simeon on the issue tracker:

https://bitbucket.org/TwoLivesLeft/core/issues/366/trying-to-export-xcode-file-so-i-can

I upvoted the ticket, @Rodolphe @Mr_Ninja you two should too.

According to @Simeon 's reply, the problem is specifically with the .assetpack extension, rather than the location of the files as such.

@Rodolphe try removing the .assetpack extension and see if you can validate (the images won’t show up of course). But, if you can validate, that’s at least a start. You’d at least be able to access the files as data (though not yet as images) at os.getenv("HOME").."/Documents/Dropbox/"