Is it possible to use he GPS to figure out when you move and which way?

Is it possible to use he GPS to figure out when you move and which way?

Please Help, :smile:

Thx!

See the reference for motion and location, maybe something there will work for you. Or do a forum search for location.

@dave1707

Do you know how figure out when you move and which way?

You save your original latitude and longitude values and you subtract them from your current values. You use the difference to determine how far and which way you moved. In another discussion, it was said that you had to move about 190 feet to see a difference.

I amused myself a few times while commuting by train by displaying my location and speed on my iPad. I was surprised at how fast out rather pokey trains could go. Then my wife and I flew out west and it was fun to show her how fast we were going when we took off.

The code began by calling location.enable(). Explore location.whatever and you will find latitude, longitude, altitude, speed and course, and more. As Dave implied, there is a degree of imprecision in all of this, but it is somewhat astonishing what you can do with your iPad and Codea.

Ok thx guys,
Unfortunately my Idea for creating a game were you move around in real life to dodge rockets wonā€™t work so Iā€™ll find a new project
:smiley:

@magicskillz Codea does give you access to the deviceā€™s accelerometer, which you can use to detect movement. I recommend looking in to ā€œUser Accelerationā€ in the documentation.