iPad Pro issues

On an iPad Pro, The text doesn’t print if the TextWrapWidth is set to to greater than 75% of WIDTH. I haven’t checked this on other iPads.

-- Textwrap Test
supportedOrientations(LANDSCAPE_RIGHT)
displayMode(FULLSCREEN)

-- Use this function to perform your initial setup
function setup()

end

-- This function gets called once every frame
function draw()
    -- This sets a dark background color 
    background(40, 40, 50)
    fill(255, 214, 0, 255)
    fontSize(22)
    textMode(CORNER)
    textWrapWidth (WIDTH*.76)
    text("Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.", 0, HEIGHT*.5)

end

@DaveW - I took the liberty of changing the title of your thread so you and Ron can put all your iPad Pro issues in one place, which makes it easier for Simeon to manage.

So as you find problems, just keep posting them in here.

@DaveW I added a parameter to your code. On the iPad Air, I have no problem going all the way to 100 percent in portrait or landscape. Text disappears at around 16 percent in portrait and 13 percent in landscape.

EDIT: Changed the limit to 150 percent.

displayMode(OVERLAY)

function setup()
    parameter.number("percent",15,150,25)
    fill(255, 214, 0, 255)
    fontSize(22)
    textMode(CORNER)
end

function draw()
    background(40, 40, 50)
    textWrapWidth (WIDTH*percent/100)
    text("Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.", 0, HEIGHT*.1)
end

The text can’t exceed 1024 pixels. So it can exceed the screen width in portrait but not landscape.

@dave1707 The width of the Pro shows as 1366 in Codea. Could the permissible width be changed in future versions? Thanks.

1024/1366 = .75, so I guess the pro is still limited to 1024 pixels for text size.

When using the iPad Pro with the Logitech keyboard: after editing, the Codea toolbar is at the bottom of the screen and hides the “X” for exiting the project. The only way I’ve found to get to the “X” is to disconnect the keyboard. Is there a better way?

@DaveW you can press the back button in the top left to exit the project. Alternatively you can use the keyboard shortcut Cmd+W.

@Simeon, The back arrow works. Thanks a bunch.