In Churning Seas (my modest humble tiny little first app)

@Rodolphe, thanks! You can see in the update class the variable n customizes how many rays are sent. The more there are, the more accurate and the more expensive it is. I found ten to be a good number.

Great. the game also has tens of physics polygons, two rays (each a polygon of roughly 50 vertices), and the code is, I assure you, absolutely nasty, and my ipad (retina) is not often going under 60 fps… I’m pretty happy about it! I use to think it slowed thing down, it must have been because I displayed too many at once.

@Rodolphe I’d be happy to try it out for you, is there a score count yet? I didn’t watch all of the video

Yes, there is! the elevation in pixels (or metres…)
Can I add your email address to the test flight, @Luatee? (Thanks for that !)

Sure, I’ll pm you about it

This is lovely. I like the style and the mood. I’d love to be able to give my games such this personality and depth

@Rodolphe great looking game, it’s interesting to see how you’ve taken simple concept and polished it so much.

@Rodolphe My iPad is downloading the app but not being able to install it… It said I needed a provisioning profile, I assume you stuck my UDID inside the profile you built it with?

Thanks @deactive and @Simeon, I’m still experimenting a lot. It’s thanks to the simplicity and straight forwardness of Codea that I can experiment with these things. Objective C is way too intimidating for me…

@Luatee, Ok, you’re the third person I’m having issues inviting… :frowning: I’ll take a look at it…

@Rodolphe, did you add all the UDID s to an AdHoc provisioning profile and then use that to sign the ipa?

@JakAttak I think he must have, otherwise you can’t select the people to push the build to…

@Luatee, I think you can push the build to people who aren’t included in the provisioning profile

@JakAttak. Really? The TestFlight support emailed me saying that i have to include them along with their UDID. I’m about to push my own game out on TestFlight and I would love to get around this because you can only register 100 devices.

@YoloSwag, maybe i’m mistaken but I thought I had… Why are you needing more than 100 devices?!

@JakAttak. I got a lot of requests with people wanting to register more than one device.

@Luatee, I think I created the ipa BEFORE adding your device UDID, which is not the way that works :slight_smile: I just sent another build, let’s see how that works!

“Modest”. Haha. This game is amazing. There’s something about Codea that makes people write stacking games. First Stack3r, then CargoBot, then StackIt, and then this. :wink: Well, if there is a TestFlight spot available, I’d love to test. This looks like a great game, and I really hope it does well.
Thanks!
P.S. Did you use a native UIPageController for the start screen? If not, it looks awfully like one.

Thanks Zoyt, thanks a lot!!! I guess physics is so intuitive in Codea that stacking game come easier than other types of games. I didn’t use a UIPageController, no, I tried emulating it with an easing equation (it’s not perfect, but I only spent an hour or so on it). Send me your email address if you want, I’ll gladly add you to the test flight!

By the way, I’ve had issues with flickering polygons since the very beginning. In setup(), I put the polygon’s vertices coordinates in a “points” table, then:

meshes[meshId] = mesh()
meshes[meshId].vertices = triangulate(points)
meshes[meshId]:setColors(poly.col)

Then in Draw():

meshes[body.meshId]:setColors(body.col)
 meshes[body.meshId]:draw()

Is this something some of you have experienced too?

@Rodolphe if you look in MrScience101’s explosion competition thread you’ll see this also occurs in my code when an explosion is removed from the simulation, but it might be different to what you’re talking about (it flickers to a really low alpha for a frame). Try setting the colours after the mesh draw call. I assume you’ve created a body table to encapsulate the properties for each polygon? Try putting them in their own class instead of using globals