iMineSweeper Game Approved in iTunes!

Ok, similar result happens with

-- Use this function to perform your initial setup
function setup()
    displayMode(FULLSCREEN)
 textBox = TextBox(WIDTH/2 - 100, HEIGHT-120, 200, "test")   
end

-- This function gets called once every frame
function draw()
    -- This sets a dark background color 

-- This sets the line thickness
    strokeWidth(5)
textBox:draw()
    -- Do your drawing here

end

With the spritely TextBox class.

If you run in portrait then turn to landscape the TextBox disappears.
Running in landscape to start with then turn to portrait offsets the TextBox.
This is consistent with taking the width and height from the initial orientation.

Now moving the initialising point to inside draw gives a flickering version for a second before settling in the right location

-- Use this function to perform your initial setup
function setup()
    displayMode(FULLSCREEN)
 --textBox = TextBox(WIDTH/2 - 100, HEIGHT-120, 200, "test")   
end

-- This function gets called once every frame
function draw()
    -- This sets a dark background color 
  textBox = TextBox(WIDTH/2 - 100, HEIGHT-120, 200, "test")   

-- This sets the line thickness
    strokeWidth(5)
textBox:draw()
    -- Do your drawing here

end

May be an iPad 3 specific issue as you say. A good enough reason for treating yourself to new one :wink:

.@Reefwing 471 downloads in 1 day. that’s crazy. how did you climb up that fast. did you market anywhere else besides here and facebook. i think you just changed my mind to make the app free the first couple of days. this is will help me rank up in charts and will lead to unknown people downloading my app later on.

Congrats, @Reefwing! Minor suggestion, draw the falling mines in the intro page further upwards so they appear offscreen and are already falling by the time they enter the screen.

PS I got a shock when the mine blew up… Guess I was getting into it!

.@West - I understand the issue now. I misunderstood what you were saying. You are correct, I don’t recalculate the textBox position when the orientation changes. I hadn’t considered this test case. I will fix it up in v1.5. I thought this was such a simple program that I had tested all eventualities - it just goes to show… Lucky I’m not doing the software on the Mars robot. Thanks again for pointing it out. This is another advantage of developing with Codea, the fantastic support network. I will need to think up another excuse to grab an iPad3. My hesitation is I think another version may be coming out in a few months - I hope it doesn’t have a smaller screen though.

.@veeeralp - just marketed here and facebook. Making it free does make a big difference, I’m not sure that many people would pay 0.99c for another MineSweeper clone.

.@Fred - thanks mate. Good idea re: the mines. I really like the physics capability of Codea, it is one of those wow moments when you see it working for the first time.

@Reefwing - no worries. Started to think it was an issue with my iPad but I think the latest of Codea has upset the meshes. Now getting flickering in other situations too