How to make sprites appear randomly on the screen and disappear

Hey guys, I have this idea for a simple game. Basically a sprite appears in some random space on the screen, you have to tap it within a certain time or you lose. But I don’t know how to make a sprite disappear. The circles will just keep being made randomly in different spots

P.s.
This is off topic, but is there a way to search discussion on this forum? I find looking for answers difficult because I have go from page to page reading titles of question and seeing if they are the same question as me

See the Google custom search textbox at upper right of the screen, above “Start a new discussion”?. Try that.

Thanks, anyway how do I make my circles disappear in the game I’m trying to make?

Use the touched function to detect finger touches, and test if they are within the circles. If so, stop drawing them.

I think this question has been asked a few times in the past, because touching things to make them disappear is a fairly obvious idea for a touch device, but I’m not sure where to find those threads.

I suggest you do a little research on the touched function (there is a demo app about it) to get started.

Try this

function setup()
    sprites={}
    delay=2
    timer=0
end

function draw()
    timer = timer + DeltaTime
    if timer>=delay then
        delay = delay * 0.95
        timer=0
        newSprite()
    end
    background(0)
    spriteMode(RADIUS)
    for i=#sprites,1,-1 do
        local sp=sprites[i]
        sp.timer = sp.timer + DeltaTime
        if sp.timer>=sp.delay then table.remove(sprites,i)return end
        fill(sp.col)
        ellipse(sp.pos.x,sp.pos.y,sp.rad)
    end
end

function touched(t)
    local tpos=vec2(t.x,t.y)
    for i=#sprites,1,-1 do
        local sp=sprites[i]
        if tpos:dist(sp.pos)<sp.rad then--i have tapped the sprite
            print("hit")
            table.remove(sprites,i)
        end
    end
end

function newSprite()
    table.insert(sprites,     
{pos=vec2(math.random(0,WIDTH),math.random(0,HEIGHT)),timer=0,rad=math.random(20,50),
    delay=math.random(1,4),col=color(math.random(255),math.random(255),math.random(255))})
end

Whack a mole for iPad? I haven’t seen anyone do a good one, go for it! Learn about touches in codea along with lua tables, these are the things you’ll be learning mostly.

@Progrmr235 Here’s something I wrote back in Nov 2012.

http://codea.io/talk/discussion/1874/hows-your-reflexes-#Item_12