How much money have you earned through the app store?

@Speakmore thanks! I was searching ipad not iphone :slight_smile:

No, I haven’t released personal games in a while - That was when I started out as a ‘hobbyist’, I developed a few apps for different Irish Businesses: such as:
http://www.aib.ie/personal/online-services/Mobile-Banking
Which is an Irish banking app developed in Corona SDK accessing a mobile site, which has over 2,000,000 downloads itself (free) and a few other apps, I have made no where near 1,000,000 in revenue my friend!

These sales are in total across board the different developer accounts I manage

Like I said my games were hobbies and personal work I’ve done on the weekends, ‘Fun’ mainly :slight_smile:
My site should be able to redirect you to the App Store links, I can provide you with links if you like,
I will also need a few beta testers for my most recent game soon :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Jack

I agree with @spacemonkey… Apple actually contacted me directly about a free app I had submitted and had accepted. I wanted it to be free because I regarded it as a test. Ironically Apple wanted to promote it on their Appstore Facebook page. After doing so, the app has had 35k downloads in 5 weeks since release. Obviously, I can’t help wondering that this would never have happened had I charged for it and or it had not been picked up by Apple directly.

Support of limited free trials would be beneficial for everybody but in this regard I suggest you initially make your apps free anyway and in the app description (which you can update anytime) state that it is free for a limited time. A free app will more than likely raise your profile and it’s an obvious marketing tactic. It might not always work but hey, wouldn’t you rather have thousands of unpaid downloads than just 100 paid? It is highly probable that the 100 paid will come anyway.

If you check appshopper.com for similar apps to the ones you are making you can see how devs play the pricing promo game - self promoting an initial low price and then having periods where the price fluctuates between being quite high or free. All of this boosts sales and keeps your product alive on the virtual shelf rather than disappearing into obscurity.