How do I make a thumbnail for a project?

Hey there guys so I looked all over the place for this anwser but I just couldn’t find it.

So on YouTube, I was watching some codea lessons to learn more and one of the people’s project had a thumbnail it wasn’t just a big C!

Does anyone know how to add a thumbnail?

Thanks!

I could tell you how to do it, but I would have to search the forum to find the answer which is what you said you did. I know it’s there, because I remember seeing it. You’ll just have to wait for someone who knows, to give an answer.

Tap the camera icon bottom left while your project is running to take a screenshot. You have the options tweet, save to camera roll, and set as project icon.

Thanks @yojimbo2000! :slight_smile:

How do you set the zoom/pan for the photo?

@MattthewLXXIII congrats, you get the laziest dev prize! How about you write some code that produces an image you actually want to look at? :stuck_out_tongue: Try using translate to pan, scale to zoom. You can comment out those lines when you’re done.

Thanks…? XD. I was hoping there was an easier way. Does it usually take very long to get a good shot?

Depends on your code. Why not programmatically pause your code a few seconds after something interesting happens? If you’re releasing something with fast action to the Store getting good screenshots is pretty tricky

Thank you @yojimbo2000, was wondering about the thumbnail as well, just didn’t bother to try to solve it yet, since the programming was more interesting :smiley:

By the way, this may or may not have been obvious (though I only just noticed it), but if you put the display mode into standard, the shot taken is exacly what is on the screen!