How do I add commas to variables? (color)

Hello, I think this is a very basic question but I don’t know how to find the answer.

I make variables for color:

col1 = 128
col2 = 45
col3 = 89

and then I put them together

colo= col1col2col3

to put them into the fill command but I need commas fill(128,45,89)

If I do it this way: colo= col1,col2,col3 it wont work (it just takes the first numbers, before comma) and I know why, because (the comma is a string?) however, no number.

Edit

Ok, I can use

COLOR = col1,col2,col3

This seemed to be a solution (I don’t get an error) but it just takes the first value, so there is still something wrong.

Edit

Ok, it works via
color( , , , ,)

What I don’t understand in the reference is that I should have to int color.r g and b, but this seems to work automatically and if I put this in the setup, I get errors

For what is COLOR good for? It’s not listed in the reference, so is it obsolete or dead?

@bllr When you do COLOR=col1,col2,col3 you’re creating a variable named COLOR and assigning whatever col1 is to COLOR.

As for color.r, not everything you see in the reference is legit. A lot of changes have been made to Codea over the years and the reference hasn’t been updated exactly to reflect everything.

@dave1707
Ok.
Is there another way to combine
(value with ,)
or something similar to color()?
For example xy(0,0)?

@bllr It all depends if the command supports the use of commas. You can set variables with values and commas by doing var1,var2,var3=23,56,23 . But as for other things, look at the code in the Examples and Craft folders and see how thing are done in those programs to get ideas.

@dave1707 Thank you, vec is this what I was looking for

To make and store a single colour, use the color builtin:

myColour = color(col1, col2, col3)

You can then use myColour wherever you might have used the three numbers individually, so

fill(myColour)
fill(col1, col2, col3)
fill(128, 45, 89)

will all achieve the same thing.

If you want to modify an existing colour then you can change its red, green, and blue (and alpha) components individually by accessing them directly:

myColour.r = 192

changes just the red channel.

Underneath, color and vec4 are the same thing but for your code I recommend treating them as if they were different.

Thank you @LoopSpace