how can this work

Fake them

@Igantz …How?

maybe something like this

http://codea.io/talk/discussion/2248/i-like-shiny-balls

@SkyTheCoder I would do it by solving the problem for n-dimensions and then setting n=3.

@LoopSpace - sounds simple enough :stuck_out_tongue:

@LoopSpace thank you that was exactly what i was looking for thank you so much

Isn’t it amazing how when you actually have an idea of what you want and can express it that you get responses that are more in line for what your looking for.

Anyway - the way I would solve this is to start with a single point and just have it move around the screen, either by orbiting another point or just having it swirl around, picking random directions and then turning to face a new direction every couple of seconds.

Once that was working nicely, then all you need to do is add the point’s current position to a table every frame - the idea is that you shift all the positions down and add the current position to the top effectively creating a trail of the point’s last few positions.

You can then either draw each point separately or (depending on the speed of movement) draw a line between each of the points and bingo you have the start of the effect you want. The advantage is that you can make the effect interactive by having your point move towards the last touch point or have lot’s of points moving around using “steering behaviours” or applying a flocking algorithm.

Again - start simple and then build up the complexity piece by piece and then when something breaks you can step back and see what you did in the last step to see where you’re going wrong.

As an aside - you’ll also have the basis of a nice little snake game.

@LoopSpace - I have enough problems existing in this dimension without worrying about solving my problems in other ones :slight_smile:

@SkyTheCoder - this solution would also work in 3D, you can then add shaders / particles and other effects to polish up the final display.