Hershey Roman Simplex Font - release

That is fantastic! I didn’t know a font description like that existed … I’ve been keeping half an eye out for that for another project. (Most vector font descriptions are of the outline and I want the path.)

That looks a fairly good coverage of characters, including a lot of maths stuff. If I ever decide to do the title sequence from this seminar again, I now know that I can use Codea.

Plotters! I always liked plotters.

And yes - its awesome. This is the sort of thing you file away, because no matter how far state-of-the-art advances, being able to roll your own fonts from lines is always handy.

Here’s the converter:

https://gist.github.com/1386340

I thought it went from the big hershey file, but it rather did the smaller one Paul had listed - converting to do the big font data should be straightforward.

This is perhaps the ugliest code I have ever shared; it was a one-off, and wasn’t intended for public viewing. Caveat Emptor, if anything was ever worth what you paid for it, this is it.

Thanks, I’ll take a look. Having the full range of glyphs would be really nice.

Do you happen to know of any other fonts like that? Searching for “vector font” isn’t all that useful.

nope. I want to say I found this one by searching for “plotter fonts”. I don’t recall for sure…