Help with coding? Please!!

Hi guys, I’m new to codea. I have never programmed before in my life. Are there any tips or commands you can tell me? I really need help, I don’t understand and I don’t want to say this was a waste of money.

Look thru a Lua programming reference that can be found online. Look thru the Codea Reference and the Wiki. Both links can be found above. In the Wiki, you’ll find links to a lot of things that will help you. If you take the time to learn, you’ll find Codea to be very enjoyable. Others will give you links to help you also. We will do everything to help you, but you also have to help yourself. Any questions, just ask and you’ll get a response from several people. Try playing with the example projects to get an idea of what can be done. In no time you’ll be coding similar projects if you put forth the effort.

@PixelyMitzel - I’ve written some ebooks for noobs. You’ll find them here. Start with Lua, then Codea.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/mr2yzp07vffskxt/AACqVnmzpAKOkNDWENPmN4psa

(You don’t need to log in to get these)

We all start as beginners, don’t worry.

@PixelyMitzel
Everyone was once in your exact shoes.
In my experience, doing the free interactive Java lessons on Code Academy were what sparked a programming obsession and gave me a huge edge when I started taking real classes.
Programming is all about the basics, so start some lessons and just stick with them, especially at the beginning!
You’ll be on Codea making awesome games in no time.

@Ignatz Can you code easily, not quickly, but is it easy to understand the theconcept of this language?

@PixelyMitzel For me, it’s easy to code. Coding is not that hard when you KNOW how to do it. I’m guessing you as a beginner finds this stuff hard, or confusing, right? We are all beginners at one stage, but if you stick to it, you will get there in the end. Also, if you want, I can provide you with some beginner code. If you want that, tell me what kind you want, and I will try to show it to you. :slight_smile:

It’s always hard at the beginning, you feel like an idiot. Keep practising and it will get easier.

It gets easier and easier the more you code. I’ve been coding for so long that I don’t think about it that much. The code forms in my head as I think of something and I just have to type it out. Just like anything else, you have to work at it.

hey, this is in the codea craft topic, it might help if the mods put it in ‘questions’