Heeeeellp!!

@Slashin8r i think just the opposite! The jailbreak makes simple, normal things just as simple and normal as they should be. I couldnt use the ipad without. But this is just my personal opinion.

My iPad is jailbroken, my codea doesn’t run any differently to the next persons

Try sending the crash logs like this:
http://www.cimgf.com/2013/04/26/ios-crash-logs-on-icloud-synced-devices/

1: Yes, I tried a hard reset. Didnt work still.

2: Its not a case of choosing not to use it, I cannot use it :frowning:

3: I’m sorry but theres no way I’m losing the jailbreak, I would not be able to play my emulators without it and thats what I play the most.

I’ve tried soft resets, hard resets, re downloading but its the same. I’m left having to ask for a refund, its not what I want, I’d rather have codea working but I can’t and I can’t really afford to throw that kind of money away, hence asking for a refund.

@Paul123, ah gotcha. I totally forgot about emulators on an iPad. I use my laptop for them :smiley:

You can take a backup of all your tweaks on cydia and then restore using tiny umbrella to 6.0 (I think it supports ipad 2 for that) and then try downloading codea again. If it still doesn’t work, which I think is not possible then you can always jailbreak again. And you’ll have the backup of cydia tweaks too.

I think we’re set on a refund, obviously if willing to change ipad version, that will fix it. Otherwise I think there’s only one way

To be honest my friend did the jailbreaking for me and set the emulators up for me. If I changed the ios version I would have to ask him to do it all again. This is why I didnt want to do that.

I don’t mean to be a pain in the backside, I really would prefer to have codea working than get a refund.

Well I mean you can try a factory reset but you’ll lose all your local data, you’ll keep your jail break but it should fix some apps that don’t work. There are many tutorials on how to download emulators and such, just type it in on cydia

I emailed apple for a refund, got a reply yesterday that said no, seems because I had a refund in April for a broken game it means I can’t get a refund for this, even though its not working at all.

So I paid £7 for nothing, also whats even more frustrating is that a friend of mine has an ipad3 and if I could gift him my codea it wouldn’t feel like a total loss but apple wont allow you to transfer apps it seems. Tbh I’m very angry and feel ripped off :frowning:

Well Paul, if your friend is a close friend you can allow him to sign in to your account to download it, this works because iOS isn’t a multiple user operating system and because of this apps don’t get need to be authorised. On the other hand, if the problem really is that you don’t want to lose your jailbreak and emulators then message me and I can help you upgrade and re-jailbreak your iPad. I can point you to the cydia sources that contain the emulators and roms too. Codea is a great tool and certainly shouldn’t be a waste of money for anyone so I hope you can resolve this

I don’t have a jail broken iPad and I still have emulators.

Okay Mason. Now use a Wii remote to play the emulated game.
…oh wait, you can’t because apple block that unless you’ve jb your machine.

Touchscreen controls for stuff like Mame games is really poor, bordering on the unplayable. Using a jb to enable Wii mote control, suddenly the games are good and playable.