Happy Birthday Codea!

According to the AppStore version history, version 1.0 was released on 30th September 2011,
so Codea will be 1 year old this weekend.

Happy Birthday, and congratulations!

Phd.

Happy Birthday Codea

Thanks! I can’t believe it’s been a year already.

Version 1.0 of Codea was never released to the public — it didn’t even have colourful syntax highlighting, or the sprite() command.

Version 1.1 (released Oct 26, I think) was the first version made publicly available.

Yeah - it didn’t feel like it could be quite a year, yet; today is my birthday (the 27th, for reals, I just turned 46), and I grabbed Codea as soon as I saw it - probably within the first couple of days. If it had been closer to my birthday, I wouldn’t have needed to make an excuse to spend EIGHT WHOLE DOLLARS (I’m cheap! :slight_smile: ) in the app store.

I’ve been keeping an eye on Codea for a while, with great interest after friend introduced me to, and I started playing Cargo-bot. My I-tunes account is severely lacking funds at the moment, but I hope to purchase Codea sometime soon!

Wow! So much, so fast, and just part time work… Congrats!

I thought we might have had a Birthday special offer this weekend :slight_smile:

46? Children. You’re all children.

(shakes fist at clouds, shambles off toward rocking chair, mumbles something about kids on the lawn)

Happy almost birthday, Codea.

Congratulations on a year long continuous improvement.
I’m still amazed by the awesome features, great support, and the overall brilliance of this app.
It’s the only app I’ve used for more than a month before discarding it.