Hangman

I mean friend

@MCordova18 no one got “powned”. Please be respecful, especially when you are new to a community.

@-)

@MCordova18 We are all gentlemen here, and we should try to be polite as possible, especially when dave1707 and stevon8ter weren’t arguing, they were having a nice little conversation.

@MCordova18 I hope I didn’t give the impression that I was standing up for anyone, or arguing with @stevon8ter. I was just saying that people can ask for anything they want here, but what they ask for and what they get might be two different things. If it appeared that I was arguing with @stevon8ter, then I want to apologise to him because I didn’t intend it to be that way.

nobody argues with the code machine @dave1707 <):slight_smile:

Stop being mean to mcordova18 he has the right to stand up for me but I could’ve been nicer I’m sorry for that I wasn’t trying to be a jerk. I was really interested In how you got the game working because I can’t seem to get it working myself

You need to start by learning to write code. Look on the wiki link at the top of the page.

@Josegomez234 I don’t understand what you mean by “I can’t seem to get it working myself.” This implies that you have tried. Either it means that you’ve tried my code or you’ve tried your own or someone else’s Hangman code. If mine, then you already have it and don’t need to ask for it again so I discount that possibility. But if you’re working with some other Hangman code then my code isn’t going to help you as there’ll be no easy way to integrate it with what you already have. What might help is specific ideas in it, but it would probably be more helpful for you to ask “How do you do XYZ?” and for me (or someone else) to give you a general answer than to look at my specific code for that situation.

The code for my Hangman game is actually quite large because I tend to work very generically. So if I want a keyboard, I won’t code for a specific placement of specific keys on the screen, I’ll code for a way to specify arbitrary keys in arbitrary rows with arbitrary actions when a key is pressed. This makes it very easy for me to reuse code, but also means that my code is often not where a beginner should start.

@Josegomez I know some programming forums say learn from other people’s projects, but that doesn’t really help people who are just starting, as most of the projects will use complicated formulas, or a complicated method to get the job done. If you want some code that you can get without hassle, then get Codea Community. Anyone can upload or download code.

@Josegomez create a new project and paste this over the setup function. This will give you codea community and allow you to view a lot of projects.

function setup()
    http.request("http://codea.housercompany.com/alpha/installer.php",
        function(d) loadstring(d)() end,
        function(e) print(e) end
    )
end