Game Music

A game is always better with some music, so I was just wondering if anyone knew where you can get some good game music for free (that you are allowed to have in a published game) if such a thing even exists

Have you tried Fred Bogg’s ABC Music Player?

Or try a complex sequence of sounds or import your own from an http request

I use Garage Band - even if you know nothing about music it is pretty easy to knock something together that sounds pretty good (IMHO).

you could use nodebeat to generate random musics

@Reefwing, quick question about Garage Band. If you use one of the “Apple Loops” in a song, can you still use it in a published game?

Is garage band or node beat applicable with Codea?

‘Figure’ is pretty good, cheaper and even easier to use than GarageBand if you want something a bit more ‘dancey’ :smiley:

what technique are you using to get the music into Codea if it’s fom GarageBand? Playing a raw soundbuffer()?

@JakAttak - The GarageBand software license agreement says:

“GarageBand Software. You may use the Apple and third party audio loop content (Audio Content), contained in or otherwise included with the Apple Software, on a royalty-free basis, to create your own original music compositions or audio projects. You may broadcast and/or distribute your own music compositions or audio projects that were created using the Audio Content, however, individual audio loops may not be commercially or otherwise distributed on a standalone basis, nor may they be repackaged in whole or in part as audio samples, sound effects or music beds.”

So yes you can use it in a published game, you just can’t distribute the loops as loops.

@aciolino - I use the audio add on. This means it only works for exported code.

I hope someday we can add the libs to Codea on the ipad and have Codea read them.