Game Center Integration Building Error

When going through the tutorial:http://codeatuts.blogspot.ca/2013/04/tutorial-30-codea-v152-objective-c-add.html?m=1

I get to the building stage for only game center and receive the following errors:

Undefined symbols for architecture armv7s:
OBJC_CLASS$_GameCenterAddOn”, referenced from:
objc-class-ref in AppDelegate.o
ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture armv7s
clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)

Undefined symbols for architecture armv7s:
OBJC_CLASS$_GameCenterAddOn”, referenced from:
objc-class-ref in AppDelegate.o
ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture armv7s
clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)

How do I fix this?

As said many times before (please, search the forums for any errors), @Reefwing’s GameCenter add-on is outdated and crashes now. I would recommend using @Zoyt’s GameCenter add-on, it’s up-to-date and has a few more features, I believe.

@skythecoder does zoyt code comes with a tutorial? And is it pointed as the reference in the wiki? Thanks.

@Jmv38, @SkyTheCoder - There is no tutorial on it. I’ve contemplated many times on doing a tutorial for Obj-C (since there’s really no need for a tutorial specifically on GameCenter, since it’s so easy to implement), yet I’ve never actually taken the time to do it, sorry. However, I learn best by example, so you might try looking at the code. Once you get past the ugliness of Obj-C, it’s not so bad. :wink:

After looking at your code I quickly figured it out! Thanks so much for posting your game! It helps to start from a working example that is not outdated!

@Zoyt, @Jmv38 the great thing about the Add Ons is that you can quickly learn how you make new add ons, how you add functions, etc. and then you can do pretty much anything in Codea if you can do it in Obj-C - Point being, add ons are very powerful, but simple to learn just by looking at the existing shared ones. I see no real need for a tutorial on them.

that makes me so eager to get a mac and try this!

@Jmv38 - Do it. You won’t regret it. :wink: I tried to get @Ignatz to do some tutorials on Obj-C, but his respond was “Nope, I don’t have a Mac, and I hate Objective C as far too complex.” Oh well. I wish I had the time to do all these tutorials for you guys.

@Ignatz =)) great response :stuck_out_tongue: