Future of Codea

I’m just wondering,

1. How long has Codea been around? I’ve only just heard of / started using it yet it seems to have a well established forum community. Also,
  2. I have seen many changes in Codea since I started using. What are the plans for future items? I would be. Dry interested, especially if it were to do with keyboard input, as my current workaround is a bit clunky at the moment. The keyboard buffer solution seems…incomplete for the lack of a better word.

Thanks guys, this forum is awesome, be expecting questions in other discussions, I’m eager to learn

@Rar_Ceth The date of the first post was October 2011. So it’s been about 3 years so far.

@Rar_Ceth The keyboard routines could use some updating, but if you want to see what can be done, here’s an example.

function setup()
    rectMode(CENTER)
    showKeyboard()
    tab={}
    str=""
end

function draw()
    background(80,80,80)

fill(0)
    noStroke()
    rect(WIDTH/2+10,HEIGHT/2+190,200,50)
    rect(WIDTH/2+10,HEIGHT/2+90,200,50)

fill(255)
    stroke(255,0,0)
    strokeWidth(5)
    rect(WIDTH/2,HEIGHT/2+200,200,50)

fill(150,150,150)
    stroke(255)
    strokeWidth(5)    
    rect(WIDTH/2,HEIGHT/2+100,200,50)

fill(255,0,0)
    text("Enter info, press return.",WIDTH/2,HEIGHT/2+200)

str=keyboardBuffer()
    if rtn then
        rtn=false
        hideKeyboard()
        showKeyboard()
    end

fill(255)
    text(str,WIDTH/2,HEIGHT/2+100) 
end

function keyboard(k)
    if k==RETURN then
        rtn=true
        print(str)
    end 
end

function touched(t)
    if not isKeyboardShowing() then
        showKeyboard()
    end
end

Thnx for the comments :slight_smile: this app has made impressive progress for three years! And thnx for the code Dave. I’m using something very similar in my current project, a memorising tool. Eg, MultiChoice, click and drag, flash cards and…questions using keyboard input. It works well enough, but to do this kind of thing for every gameState, question etc is daunting to say the least