Expansion - A small town building game

Cool game :slight_smile: looks nice and i’m having fun!

Working on Expansion+… @Zoyt’s table-to-string function didn’t work, so I made my own that recursively checks for multiple dimensional tables. Added in saving/loading (with unlimited save slots!), made it show tax rates, and raised prices so you actually have to wait for most things (Not too long, though.). Link: https://gist.github.com/SkyTheCoder/4bf470e3aa27a904fd7f

The save feature makes a lot of difference to gameplay. I have two suggestions. 1) there should be sometime a building takes for construction. 2) I don’t know if this is possible but if you could make things happen over longer time, i.e Over a span of half an hour or something. I just have to open the game after half an hour to collect my income from all the shops. Else the game finishes very quickly.maybe you could use OS date for it in someway, I’m not sure.
EDIT: yep it’s possible if you want to implement it. QUESTION:how do you shift to a new line while writing a post. I press return and it works while typing but when I save comment it ignores the return and puts everything in one big paragraph. I am using chrome on ios.

1. I shall make that

2. I on purpose made things be quicker than that, because I hate games where it takes five minutes just to buy a second shop. Expansion+ makes it take a bit longer, but I will make it even longer if you want.

And the return thing glitches with me, too, but I’ve found that using two returns, with an empty line in between can break it up.

Can’t seem to find the timer used in the code for generating income

@Madhatter It’s declared at the bottom of setup, as oldTime. In the draw function, when it checks game states, it handles the timer at the top of elseif gameState == 2 then.