Epilepsy Warning?

Hi all, is an epilepsy warning advised in an app description or information screen because I have many things moving rapidly across the screen at one time, and was wondering if there could be any liability concerns associated with that. Thanks!

I don’t know if it’s required or not, but I’ve seen some apps that mentioned it as a warning.

The user and all related content has been deleted.

@YoloSwag yeah, you might want to include a warning like @NatTheCoder’s just to be on the safe side

@NatTheCoder ‘Insult’ a doctor?

lol, insult a doctor

The user and all related content has been deleted.

It really depends on if what your making is for personal use or if you are going to market it. It isn’t required if you do market it, but if you are worried about (or worried about the health of those using your product) then you should add a warning

@Progrmr235 If you didn’t have an epilepsy warning and someone using your game had an epiliptic seizure because of it, you would be liable to be sued.

@SkyTheCoder and @Progrmr235. I think I am going to take the safe side and put the warning in the future. I hope I can send the app out to Codea and get some people to try the full version out and see what they think, but for now thanks for your advice.

in the description of the app in the app store it has an epliepsy warning so if you or any one else has epilepsy you should not have a computer or an ipad, ipod or iphone beacouse of the refesh rate and that will cause them to have a sizure and you should still add a warning in it so any one who has epilepsie can avoid that game and stop them having a sizure.

@iluvecodea epilepsy is fast moving objects. for example, a lot a blinking fast moving dots could cause it to happen. you will be fine unless there are fast moving objects

@kirorp +1

Epilepsy is rapid flashing lights. Screens aren’t flashing, they’re steady. It’s only if the colors abruptly change repeatedly.

(Most) computers use “buffers,” which store the current frame in an image behind the scenes, then when it’s done drawing to that image it displays it, so we don’t see each pixel being drawn rapidly. In some programming languages (looking at you, Java), you need to set up buffers manually.

Now, let’s let this thread sink…

I don’t think this is needed, in my opinion. I included it in StackIt, but that’s a game. People don’t know what the striped lines mean.
However, anybody who codes know’s what they’re getting into. I haven’t ran across another game development platform or something similar that warns the developer of this. I don’t think it’s required, and it probably won’t be added.