Cycle Time

Hi Dirk, thanks for the explanation and great to have you here on the forum!

Thanks, Blanchot
I love technology, foreign languages are difficult for me. I’m using dictionaries and Google !!
Greetings, Dirk.nl

They’ve announced native text handling in 1.3 - but not keyboard. And it’s not in the beta right now. That’s not to say it won’t show, but I wouldn’t put things off expecting it to be there. I believe Andrew’s “Cube” project has a keypad in it, you might look at that.

Thanks, Bortels
Simeon wrote something about keyboard input in “Request new features for Codea (suggestions)”. Of course I don’t know in with version it will be implemented.

I know it’s on their “yes, we need to do this, but we don’t know exactly when”. Clearly after we have native text, which is in the next major release barring unforseen circumstances. Might it make 1.3? it might, but like I said - I’d not bet on it. A numeric keyboard wouldn’t be too difficult to roll on your own, as a stopgap…

My UI stuff has a keypad that mimics phones and a numerical pad that mimics the numeric pad on a computer (sort of). I have a keyboard class now as well, but I haven’t posted that code anywhere yet.

There’s a keyboard class in Spritely that can be extracted, but I purposely crippled it, eliminating most symbols. I had thoughts about reserving some symbols for parsing out “paths” in global storage.