Craft game. Ship and walls.

@UberGoober There are already 2 versions on there anyway; the original and your previously modified version. If you can upload the new version here https://forms.gle/jrxoE3z9JE59Crfr5 I’m less likely to forget about it later. I’ll just replace the previously modified version if that’s alright? Thanks!

@UberGoober @Steppers - just a note to let you know the last version of Game7 has an error as it can’t find the explosion texture. It still seems to run though - odd.

@Bri_G that’s truly odd because the explosion texture is in Teryan Remastered. Wait, is that one of the asset packs you have to manually download?

@Steppers just used your submission form for the first time, very nice.

Fantastic, just had an email to let me know too! Hopefully it makes things a little easier in the long run.

@UberGoober - not sure, just reporting what I find. I think I have that explsion texture somewhere so I should be able to set it up. I’ll dig around - I was more concerned that no-one will see the explosions and also that the project runs even though there is an error for a missing resource. Just tried it now and flipped the explosions parameter and the error fires up on line 38 Explosion tab. But the tab was showing an error in the tab and on the tab code - so I was surprised that it would even run. @Simeon - could this be due to changes in parameter initialisation that was discussed in a previous thread?

@UberGoober - tried to put an explosion texture there but it came back with an error that it couldn’t find the shader. Ran it again and when it crashed it just fired the end explosion image and message to double tap.

@Bri_G

Oh wait I know what it is I think. The 3D explosion is a shader that isn’t built in.

@Bri_G no actually it is. Anyone else having this problem?

@UberGoober So I’ve found a limitation of WebRepo.

I’ve updated the project but we’re currently unable to create sub folders and as a result cannot download the explosion shader correctly.

@Simeon Is there anything you could do to allow us to create folders?

@Steppers - is a sub folder needed. Can’t you just transfer the shader file with the Codea assets system, then address the file with asset.shader or project.shader where shader is the name of the file?

@Bri_G Unfortunately not, the .shader ‘file’ is in fact a bundle. ‘bundles’ on iOS and OSX are actually just folders. There’s no difference between a bundle and a normal folder except the name.

@Steppers - shame, I always thought that they were just text files. Are the default shaders in Codea, with the shader editor, held in bundles?

@Bri_G I think so yes so I’d suggest putting and shaders in a project tab and doing it that way.

@Steppers I’m not aware of a way to put Shaders from the Shader app into a project tab. Can that be done?

@UberGoober - you used to be able to incorporate shaders within the code within Codea. It used to have it’s own formatting system, I’m not sure if it’s still viable but I’ll see if I can find an old example to try it out.

@UberGoober The shaders from ‘shade’ don’t appear to be directly loadable outside of the bundle they’re stored in so it wouldn’t be much use for those.

The shaders in Codea’s ‘Shader Lab’ which consist of a vertex and fragment shader in GLSL can just be copied into a lua tab and loaded as strings into shader(vs_src, fs_src)

@UberGoober - here is an old terrain example from @tnlogy.

@Bri_G I actually have had that project on my iPad for a long time, I’m curious why you thought it would be of interest to me in particular?

@Bri_G @Steppers

OK, I made a mistake, in the last upload of this file, I was accessing the explosion asset from my documents folder, not from the project. I’ve corrected it, and it now accesses the shade asset that comes with the zip file. I tried it, and it downloads and runs without problem on my device, can you check how it runs on yours?