Codea Web Server (Also on WebRepo)

seems quite cool. how are you setting up the actual index.html page? is there some easy way to view / create / edit the assets? (this may be a codea question … something everyone knows but me.)

it’s working for me as released, @UberGoober … not sure what you’re doing differently.

I mean, I’m not doing anything, I’m just running the program, same as you. Something about my setup might be borked, or it might not, but all I do is hit play.

i get codea and safari side by side, hit play, then type localhost in safari, making sure there’s no extra stuff, and it runs.

@UberGoober Are you using that updated one I attached above?

Yes

@RonJeffries that’s what I do to the letter.

I’m trying this and I’m not getting anywhere either. I load Codea, then Web Server. I tap the 3 dots at the top of the screen to get split screen. I load Safari. I hit play on the Web Server and then type localhost in Safari and press enter. It sits there for awhile then displays Safari can’t open the page … etc.

PS. I’m using the last Web Server.zip

@dave1707 Thanks, I’ll try that and see what’s going on.

@dave1707 - I got it to work just as you tried but after loading both apps I clicked on Safari, entered localhost and then ran Codea Webserver. It produced a small page in Safari. Seems like you have to set up Safari to receive first.

@Bri_G if I load both webserver and Safari, and type localhost and press enter on Safari, I get the Safari can’t open message immediately, without running the webserver. If I run the webserver first and then Safari, Safari sits there for awhile before showing the Safari can’t open message.

Ps. What’s supposed to show up in Safari and are you just keying localhost in Safari and not the http://localhost

@dave1707 - typed just local host, this time needed to type it again. Picture below(if it loads) to show result.

@Bri_G All I get is the Safari can’t open message. I tried it on different iPads, but same thing on them.

have you moved the app to the codea folder, not running it direct from files?

@RonJeffries Yes. I remember problems I had with another project because I was running it from files. I long press on the zip file, select share, select Codea. Codea opens and asks if I want to load the project. I load it.

I tried one of my projects the uses socket to communicate between 2 iPads to transfer code between the 2 of them. The link works OK and I transferred projects from one iPad to the other.

yes. I long pressed, selected move, and moved it to Codea folder, so it shows up as a real project. could be the issue.

The Web Server shows up in my project list as a normal project. I’ve tried everything I could think of, but I still end up with the Safari error message. I thought maybe my router was blocking it, but I was able to use my one project that connects 2 iPads using the router. So I don’t think that’s a problem.

I probably need to be taking a closer look at the http spec really. I must be missing something important.

@Bri_G That picture you show is the info you get. Where is that coming from.
@RonJeffries Are you getting the same thing that bri-g shows above in his picture.