Codea Spam Reporter

Both versions have just been updated with new checks and trusted people.

As always, find them on CC or by using the links in the original post

I was looking at the check for spam list and some of those seem a little too common to be spammers, like I am the new guy. I.E. I am the new guy here, and was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of a wiki.

@CodeaNoob I don’t think anyone who isn’t a spammer has said that. Maybe “I am new to Codea,” but never “I am the new guy,” which I’ve seen a million times posted by spammers.

I agree with @SkyTheCoder. Also, let’s not forget that this simply posts the suspects names to a discussion. I’m sure the mods check it out before actually deleting anyone.

Could you make it so that the links point to www.twolivesleft.com rather than twolivesleft.com? Getting here via “normal” routes ends up at the www. version and so the login cookie gets set for that web address but the cookies don’t transfer to the non www one. Clicking on a twolivesleft.com link therefore effectively logs me out and I have to log back in (or edit the link) to deal with the spam.

In short, if you could fix the address to www.twolivesleft.com then it makes it easier for me (and, presumably, the other mods) to deal with the spam faster.

@Andrew_Stacey, sure thing. I’ll update here and on CC once I have

EDIT: I just looked in the code and all links I can think of use www.twolivesleft.com Where did you see the issue?

@JakAttak Just thinking out loud, but if spammers’ accounts get blocked or deleted, what’s going to stop them from making a new account? As for IP blocking, there are VPNs and proxies.

@Saturn031000 the mods can just delete their account if they are a spammer