Codea-SCM: basic source control for your projects

A thing that might want to be mentioned in instructions: if project is new to github, needs to be created there first. Unless there is some way to push without a project set up, which I can’t find. Thanks!

How do I get rid of the diff window? (Marvelous by the way.) I hit restart to do it, is that the way? Thanks!

About the diff window: tapping near the top-right corner of it should close it and return back to panel with projects. Or, tap once anywhere else in the diff window - it should display and “X” button near the top-right corner, then tap again that button (or close enough to it). Not the most intuitive way to dismiss a window, i agree :slight_smile:

You are right: the repository on Github (or Bitbucket) does need to be created first, before the “push” action can be made. I’ll add an explicit mention of that on codea-scm website - that’s a good point.

About support: first of all, thanks for the kind words and the offer. It is certainly appreciated. Truth be told though, there isn’t really much expense there - i run it on a cloud server that i bought for a “one-time-fee” a few years ago, so i don’t pay any monthly or yearly fee. The only real expense is the SSL certificate, but those are also quite cheap these days, so i’m happy to pay for it, as long as there are actual users of the system, even if there is only a handful of them.

The cloud server is rather small-ish, but so far it has been (mostly) adequate, because there are very few users.

OK, well, thanks. Come to the Brighton Agile Roundtable some morning and I’ll buy you the beverage of your choice. :slight_smile:

@RonJeffries, thanks!
Will do, one of those days when i’m nearby :slight_smile:

Just an update, if folks are still using Codea-SCM:
I got fed up with the VPS hosting company that i was using, and i moved Codea-SCM to a tiny AWS instance. Should be more stable and performant.

Hello, I have been using codea scm for a while. It is really an excellent tool. Thanks for everything !

For the last months I did not use codea and but I tried to connect recently to your server but it does not seem to work. Is https://codea-scm.aws.mapote.com/ still a valid url to use (or maybe you stopped the server).

Thanks again for the excellent work and for sharing it !

your server doesnt work, does it? i cant install the source…

Sorry for disruption, guys.
I am away from home currently, with no access to the server. I should be back in a couple of days time, and then i can fix the server right away.
Thanks for your patience.

Actually, i was able to bring the server back online.
Should all work again now.

Thx! It really really really helps as I am sharing my code beween Codea (on iPad) and Löve2D (on PC).

thank you very much. it works again. i’ll look into the code to make some adjustments (upload linked images and being able to call the tool from within another project) as soon as i have time for it. for now it serves its purpose :slight_smile:

A question @juce: why do you use a server as middleware? - couldn’t you just implement it through restfull service api’s calls to github and bitbucket?

@se24vad, to be honest, i haven’t looked at their API for a long time now. When i did (at the beginning of the project), i couldn’t find support for actual git actions, such as commit, push, diff, etc. Also, it was appealing to not have to worry about supporting different custom APIs, but have it work with any Git-hosting site that offers SSH access.

@juce ok :blush: thank your for this tool, it realy is a huge time saver!