Codea for iPhone

Also, here’s an idea: Would apple allow you to make something like “Codea Server” where all it is is AirCode?

@Zoyt it’s not that it is not possible, it’s that it would go against App Store policy.

@Simeon so how do other projects get accepted by Apple - like iA. Writer, which syncs everything through iCloud? There should be a way… PS: Though, I admit, I’ve never read the Apple policies …

@John only one day a week? How that? I would have imagined you have generated some financial capital through Codea and Crabitron, and could work full-time on projects you like? … A pity, that such talented people, as you are, don’t get the chance to work full-time on the project.

@Se24vad capital? If you look at the crabstarter site, they’ve made 16 k$ and the sales have dropped. For a high level programmer, you cant make a living out of that. And they’ve worked on Crabitron for one year before getting 1 cent => they advanced the money!

I see. I assume that goes along with not being allowed to download code from somewhere else and execute it?

@Zoyt it’s an interesting gray area. We noticed that Apple has allowed some apps that technically have code downloading. Hopscotch has project sharing via email and works identically to how Codea used to work before Apple forced us to remove sharing. Hopscotch only allows a small subset of programming tools compared to Codea and isn’t exactly able to make full featured apps, but it does seem to get away with violating the policy.

@John - Then there’s Procoding which break which has iCloud syncing between iPad, iPhone, and (I think) Mac OS X. It also has file sharing as .pro (Procoding format), JavaScript, and HTML. I think iCloud sync would be worth a try, but I think there are more important things to do (like a new resource management). There’s my final $.02

Textastic also just received an update that touts iCloud syncing between iPad, iPhone and Mac.

Now that iPhone 6 is out with larger size screens, especially iPhone 6 Plus, is it time to revisit the question for Codea to be a universal app? I see the need. I would personally love to see if I could minimize to one device.

Codea is made and maintained by just two guys? Wow. You guys are super geniuses!

Codea doesn’t support you to work on it full time? Wow. That is a major imbalance in the Force.

Codea is a product of such excellence that it should be bringing in much more money for you guys. I don’t know how that would work, but there has to be a way. Maybe the Unity3D model? Free to develop, pay to publish?

Guess programming isn’t as popular as blindly pressing the screen trying to keep the bird flapping :slight_smile:

Shame really

Everyone propose CODEA to schools and universities as THE way to teach programming.

It’d be nice - but unless they have a mass of iPad’s doing nothing I can’t see it taking off.
Especially given the awkwardness around sharing code :frowning:

Use copy option and put into a email.

Not super easy but usable.

And not really scaleable to a class of 30 kids - especially as 90% of them will spend all day playing flappy bird

I switched from I-pad to I-phone, had to reset variables and draw and text pint locations…I-phone is working just fine…Settings in the PGM will have to be readjusted…As far as screen real estate goes, there is a new monitor that hooks to the I-phone, the monitor draws it’s current from the I-phone, it is 13".