Codea Community

Hi TheMcSebi,

Tried several time over the last few months without success. Not sure what the problem is - tried the corrected version from @briarfox but no success. Struggling to get enough time on Codea at the moment so tend to prioritise what I pursue. Recently been checking out all my code in 2.3 and looking at the new features.

I would contact @briarfox if I were you, he is the one with his finger on that pulse.

Bri_G

:frowning:

@TheMcSebi @Brig_G - I’ve updated the installer to link the last version. I can’t patch the sources myself but with the following, that should work.
Re-install from the installer and apply this changes :

Main tab, lines 139-141

comment = string.gsub(comment,"%*","\
*")
comment = string.gsub(comment,"%+","\
+")
comment = string.gsub(comment,"%-","\
-")

HelperFunctions tab, line146

for part, pos in string.gmatch(str, pat) do

hello guys. finally back.

a cuestion: CC is having problems with the login ?
i use IOS 8.2

Does the code you have still refer to the old twolivesleft website (instead of codea.io)? See my post above

@Luismi - If you encounter following error at connection
error: [string "--Community..."]:89: attempt to call a nil value
the version used is not the right. Give a try with the one pointed in this thread (beta 1.1.1.3) plus the patch, Ivre no issue with it from IOS 8.2.
@yojimbo2000 - nop, with the one reference is this thread (codea.io) for the last Codea version (lua 5.3)

@toffer this is my problem when I try to login to CC :

Logged as Luismi - perfect

Request failed : unnaceptable (406) .
And then say this : unable to check pending unauthorized (401)

@yojimbo2000 yea, I am using the new link codea.io

@Luismi - very strange, it seem the connection end point is good but not the others. I’ve checked and there is no pending locked for your account. Can you pm me the entire code of cc you use, please.

@toffer . Yea this is weird , because last night , I put the installer code in my other IPAD (ipad1 iOS 5.1.1) and no problem with the installation and the login, all good.

The problem is in the iPad air2 (ios8.2)

@toffer for me everything works fine after i’ve applied these changes. Thank you :slight_smile:

I am getting issues running CC.

It fails parsing at line 139

comment = string.gsub(comment,"%*","\
\\*")

With the message

Invalid escape sequence near '" [sic]

If I comment out this line and the 2 following which are similar, I get an error at runtime, before anything interesting displays.

Any thoughts anyone? I am using Codea 2.3 (45) on an iPad 2, under iOS 7.1.1

Look at the post up the thread http://codea.io/talk/discussion/comment/59169/#Comment_59169

You need to take out one of the \\

Hi @toffer,

Thanks for the update - modified as you suggested and the app now works. Will modify my original post accordingly. Had to set up a new account as couldn’t remember my password.

Thanks again,

Bri_G

:smiley:

Thx @yojimbo2000 . It works much better now but when I try to download a project Codea crashes.

Side note @Simeon, @ignatz, the GUI is amazing, I tried going through the code to find out how this is done, but I couldnt find it. I thought the codea script was setting up a webserver and all the GUI is done in the webclient built in codea, but I couldn’t find any html or socket code. Where is the code that does the GUI?

@joelhoro - the code isn’t mine, the guy you should ask is @toffer, he did an amazing job

Hey guys sorry that I have been away been busy with kids and other projects. It’s been ages since I looked over the code. I’ll get it up on github so it can be community maintained and get @toffer and @ignatz the CodeaCommunity login info to update the download.

@toffer feel free to take over the CodeaCommunity account (reset the password). I’ll give you access to the github page. Maybe you’d like to add the server project as well?