Codea Beta 1.5.3

@Simeon @Jmv38: FWIW, I prefer to be provided with the index. Conceptually it’s easier and generates simpler code.

EDIT: also, it’s very easy to provide your own “constants”, I don’t think that design choice should be baked into the API. I prefer the interface to be very simple for alerts.

Anyway, whatever the final syntax, it will be fine for me as long as the functionnallity is there.
Since i can always encapsulate the function into my preferred syntax.

Not sure if this addition will make 1.5.3 or wether it will be in the next update.

Beta 3 is out — @Jmv38 let me know how your physics trouble goes.

This version is probably close to submission. I’ve decided against including the Juice library in this release. I’m still using it quite a lot and it’s changing too quickly to be included at this point.

I’m very happy to see the addition of tween.delay, that should probably solve about 90% of my needs for deferred function calls :slight_smile:

While I’m sad to see Juice go, I’m glad you’re still cranking on it, and I can’t wait to see the final result. I wish more SDKs offered libraries like this, it makes it so much easier to polish an app to a shine.

I’ll join on the Sad about Juice. Very nice stuff in there. But I’ll trust that by the time it makes its way into a release, it’s going to be even… juicier.

Hello guys, i really feel stupid here but… can you have a look at this?

-- Use this function to perform your initial setup
function setup()
    img = image(200,200)
    setContext(img)
        background(255, 0, 0, 255)
        translate(100,100)
        sprite("Planet Cute:Character Boy")
    setContext()
end

-- This function gets called once every frame
function draw()
    background(40, 40, 50)
    translate(200,200)
    sprite("Planet Cute:Character Boy")
    translate(200,0)
    sprite(img)
end

on my ipad the sprite doesnt seem to work in setContext(img): i get not boy in the red rectangle.
See: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BNO8sAfCYAAqNjw.jpg
Is it a known bug? Or have i missed sthg obvious?
Thanks.
Ps: 1.5.3

looks like some kind of bug, same for me

if you add an ellipse to your custom image (just after drawing the boy), it works…

@Jmv38 thanks for finding the bug. I think it’s an issue caused by the new sprite batching mechanism. Looking into it.

Thanks for confirm that is a problem @ignatz.
@Simeon can you correct that? The codea doc clearly says sprite is supposed to work within setcontext(img). Thanks

Fixed

Great. Have to wait for 1.5.3(5) though…

@Jmv38 yes, should be soon.

Is the Cargo-Bot example project broken for anybody?

Version (5) corrects the sprite + setcontext bug.
Thanks.

I have been having setContext problems again, will try to create a test case