Codea 3.3.2 (275) (276)

1. As I said, I’ve tried turning the option for “exact matches” for autocomplete on and off, and it seems to make no difference in the app behavior… type a sentence in a comment that ends with “the”, hit RETURN to go to the next line, and it replaces it with “then”, regardless of how the autocomplete preference is set.

@blacatena sorry about the frustrations with the new behaviour. The setting you refer to (“exact matches”) applies to when autocomplete is shown.

For example, stroke and strokeWidth are valid completions. If you type stroke the default behaviour is to not show any more completions. If you turn on “Results for exact matches” then typing stroke will continue to show strokeWidth as a possible match in the autocomplete bar

We should definitely not show autocompletions within a multi-line comment block! That is a bug, thank you for reporting it. Autocomplete should not be showing for single line comments (after --)

As to the problem more generally, I think we should include a keyboard shortcut to dismiss autocomplete. I think it should be the backtick key (`) as this is close to where “escape” typically lies. We should also support Cmd+Period, which is iPad’s default mapping for escape