Codea 3.2.2 (225)

@Simeon Touch is getting confusing. When I’m within about 50 pixels of the left side, touch doesn’t work right. The code I have in BEGAN doesn’t get executed when touch is BEGAN, but it does get executed when touch is ENDED.

@Simeon When I’m within about 50 pixels of the bottom and right side, there’s a slight delay before BEGAN is recognized. The top acts similar to the left side.

@dave1707 I believe those are the system gestures delaying Codea’s touches in case your intention is to swipe from the screen edge. I can disable these in FULLSCREEN mode, it might be a good idea to

Danger, Will Robinson. Without the buttons, we need to be able to slide Codea off screen to exit. Maybe make a separate setting of some kind so one has done it on purpose.

@RonJeffries the edge swipes still work when “disabled”, but you have to do them twice for them to work. Like you can’t accidentally trigger them

Swiping up from the bottom the first time will flash the home indicator, then doing it again will actually close the app. Same with other edge gestures

@Simeon, I would like to report a minor problem with the project editor for Codea 3.x including the latest Codea 3.3.2.
The color picker looks to keep while space as a space holder even after the color was picked
When I write;
“if clr==color(255) then …”
the edited line shows
" if clr==color(255) en…" ; “th” will be hidden by the while space holder.
Further more
“if clr==color(255) and …” becomes “if clr==color(255) d…”

You may indent those characters following color() command to prevent such over wrapping.

@Makoto - mentioned the colour issue before, it’s caused by overprinting the text with a small color icon after the bracket. I suggested putting the icon in the brackets before the last bracket but that may introduce other problems.

@RonJeffries echoes of Lost In Space there, nostalgia or the new slick netflix version?

Edit- @Simeon another way to get round this would be to make the bracketed parameters background colour the selected colour and invert/modify the text colour.

Edit 2: @Simeon - alternative/optional you could introduce edit preferences so that you can have the colour icon present or not and other possible options (like font style and size), accessed from the editor menu bar as options.

Maybe I should only show the colour icon when the editing cursor is on that line

@Simeon - that would get round reading the text whilst editing/developing.

Showing a color patch painted with the actual color defined in the color() command is a nice feature for reviewing the code. The problem is the color icon is not incorporated in the text string but staying on top of the text. My suggestion is to add several blanks after the color icon as a space holder so that no texts will slip into behind the icon.

I found another issue on the code editor equipped with Codea 3.x.
The editor supposed to change the code and save them when edited.
However, I experienced the change was not saved if the program hangs up. When the program I wrote freezes, I have no way other than abort Codea to move on the next step. But the latest code which is to hang is not saved. What I get is the one before the final change.
The only way to keep the latest, i.e. freezing code, is to leave a working copy of the project, but it is very burdensome
Please make the editor to save as soon as I edit.

@Makoto Have you tried the long press on the run icon. That brings up a pop up that allows you to save the code before it runs. The code loss has happened for awhile now if your code crashes. If I make a lot of changes, sometimes I just exit the editor and reopen the code. That way I know it’s saved.

@Makoto @dave1707 I think I’ll move to a more forceful autosave like we had in the past. And make “Save & Run” the default behaviour

@dave1707 AR Face Xcode export iphone app running Error:
FaceScene:8: attempt to index a nil value (field ‘scene’)…
Main:25: attempt to index a nil value (global ‘scene’)
The original AR Face example or all Craft examples are the same error.
Codea 3.2.2 or earlier export or Cloud programming is the same error.

@psyong Sorry, I can’t help you. I don’t do anything with Xcode. @Simeon or someone else will be along soon to give you an answer.

@dave1707 Thank you for your advice. It works! Is that documented anywhere?

@Makoto I don’t think it’s documented anywhere, but according to @Simeon above, he’s going to make that the default behavior. It will force save the project every time its run.

@psyong to have craft working in the export you must include ‘blocks’ and ‘hidden’ assets. They have to be selected manually not using ‘auto assets’. You will also need libversion 3.2.1 (not 3.2.2 the current default). Edit the libversion file directly in your xcode project folder (not inside xcode). Hope that helps.