Codea 2.6.3 (132 & 133)

@Simeon - it disappears as I edit the code. Messy code at the moment as I try to figure out ways to get what I need. I have a problem andI’m not sure if it’sa Bug or just my bad programming.

@Simeon - could be that I had something like this:

-- CommentError

-- Use this function to perform your initial setup
function setup()
    --
    test = "Testing"
    test2 = "checking"
    --[[
    for x = 1,5 do
       print(test,300,300)
    end
    --[[
     a = 76
    --]]
    for y = 1,5 do
       print(test2,300,300)
    end
    --]]
end

function draw()
    -- This sets a dark background color 
    background(40, 40, 50)
end

Not really a bug just a little puzzling if some of the code is off screen.

@Bri_G You have a block comment within a block comment. What happening in the code is the second —[[ is being commented out within the first —[[ and first —]] . The second —]] is being ignored and the second for loop is executing. It may or may not be a bug depending on how you want to interpret it.

PS. I think both for loops should be commented out. Like you said if the code is off the screen it can be a problem figuring out what’s wrong.

@dave1707 - thanks for the feedback, that’s not the code I was using but it is the only way that I have found to create the effect. It could be what I had done, usually I go over the code and tidy up any nestings - but should this effect happen. May confuse some coders.

@Bri_G I understand that’s just example code and I think I’ve run into that problem a few times also. As I mentioned in my PS above, I think both for loops should have been commented out.