Codea 2.6.3 (132 & 133)

@Simeon

The drag from the left at lines 16 and 17 doesn’t happen anymore.

Posting a lot of text into an empty project scrolls the way it should.

Scrolling the dependency list still looks sticky. If I give it a fast flick, it seems to jump for a second or so then settles down and scrolls smooth.

When you say selected dependencies float to the top, do you mean when a dependency is selected in one project, it will show at the top of any other project dependency list. If so, that sounds like a nice fix. That would prevent having to scroll through the list all the time.

Haven’t tried the other fixes, not sure how to check them yet.

@Simeon

Keying “function xxx()” then pressing “enter” doesn’t indent the next line or add the “end” word for the function.

Putting “parameter.action” outside of the setup function doesn’t seem to work. Is that what you’re referring to above.

Not having to check Craft as a dependency works.

Tried checking some dependencies. They float to the top. When they stay there from project to project will be great.

When you float the dependencies to the top, are you going to sort them or leave them first checked first show. PS. Not sure what order they’re in.

@dave1707 they would just be imported for the current project — similar to the way the current dependency list works. What I might do instead of declaring a project a library is add a way that projects can be excluded from the dependency list (then exclude most of the examples by default).

Did the function xxx() thing happen in the new code editor? Does it always happen? I’ve noticed that sometimes the new code editor loads without the correct code semantics used for auto-indentation.

parameter.action appears to work for me outside of setup(), in that the button shows in the sidebar and I can press it when I run the project. Any more details on this?

@Simeon I don’t remember you mentioning showing the current tab name at the top and then showing a list of tabs to select from. That’s a lot better than scrolling the tabs across the top.

Just noticed that the Example and Craft projects aren’t in alpha order like I have set for my projects. No big deal though.

@dave1707 that only happens in compact mode — if you drag the sidebar to make the app small enough or get a second app on the screen in split-view.

Edit: I was thinking maybe we should use the drop down always if you have a lot of tabs. Not sure though.

The Examples and Craft follow their own special ordering (it was a bug in past releases that was making them follow the alpha/recent order)

@Simeon

The function xxx() was in the new editor and I was able to make it happen again after a couple of tries. Not sure what I had to do though. I’ll play around and see what needs to happen.

I’m having trouble with the new editor saving/running the correct code after making changes. I was able to have the parameter.action not work outside of setup, but I’m not sure if that’s because I changed the code and it wasn’t there when I ran it. I’ll have to play with that also.

@dave1707 the new editor still doesn’t force a save prior to running a project. It will eventually! Just haven’t got around to fixing that yet.

@Simeon That’s what I was thinking I’m running into. I’m making changes and running the code in fast cycles. I’ll have to make sure the code is saved before I try things.

@Simeon Here’s the parameter.action that I was trying to test. I don’t know if this is what you were saying above. Both parameters show in the sidebar, but only the “yes” action works.

parameter.action("no",no)

function setup()
    parameter.action("yes",yes)
end

function yes()
    print("yes")
end

function no()
    print("no")
end

Oh maybe because the “no” function is undefined at the point where you create the action. Does it work if you move the parameter action after the declaration of the no function?

@Simeon parameter no works when it’s placed after function no(). I always put the parameter stuff inside setup() because I learned long ago that some thing don’t work outside of setup(). I tried it this way because I thought that’s what you mentioned in the bug fixes.

Thanks for testing it. So it wasn’t working at all previously, now it will work globally if the function is declared inside the action block or if it references a function that has already been declared.

@Simeon I was looking at some code in the Froggy example and then I tried playing it. Sometimes when the character jumped on a log, the screen would go crazy, then black, and Codea would eventually crash when I tried to do something. I’ve tried it several time and it seems to mess up only on the logs. Ver 2.6.3 136.

Damn, looking into it

@dave1707 - just tried froggy and crashed on collision with a car.

@dave1707 @Bri_G I think @John has this fixed for the next update

@Simeon i guess you are aware that the run arrow in the keyboard does not work in the new editor?

@Simeon i find it annoying that i have to scroll to the top of the project selector to make the codea talk button appear. Could you keep the codea button visible?

@John i have not succeeded to applyTorque to an entity in AR, does it work? I can make it work in ‘normal 3D’.

@piinthesky There’s a lot of things that don’t work on the keyboard with the new editor. Probably once the new editor is made the only editor, the keyboard will change to reflect that.

I’ve never used Codea Talk from the project list. I have Codea and Codea Talk in the app bar (or whatever it’s called) at the bottom of the iPad screen.

@dave1707 how do you add codea talk to the app bar, as far as i know it is not an app?

@piinthesky start Safari then in the address area key Codea.io/talk . When that bring up the forum list, in the upper right corner is a square with an up arrow in it. Press that and you’ll get a list of options. Look thru the list for “Add to Home Screen”. Press that and it will create an icon that you can drag to the app bar.