Codea 2.5.2 (99) beta

@John Thanks for the explanation and example. I’ve been playing with the noise functions just to see how they work and the cache always gave me an error. I saw the chunkCache2D function when I came across the multiply and invert functions. Those three weren’t listed in the documentation, so it was trial and error to get them to work. The multiply and invert were easy to use, but the chunkCache2D always gave me an error.

@John Did the craft.noise.cache() example above work for you. When I run it, I get an error message, the same error message I got when I was trying to use cache originally.

Main:7: attempt to call a table value (field 'cache')
stack traceback:
	Main:7: in function 'setup'

@dave1707 I’ll have to look into that.

texture for icosphere?

i tried to wrap a texture around an craft icosphere with material.map=imagename, but it does not seem to work? Do i have to define all the normals, texcoord,s etc explicitly myself? (For a cube it just works).

Hi @John - just a quick note to raise a query and maybe a suggestion. You know I’ve had problems loading models, mostly resolved now, but one problem I have is with a couple of models which appear to load but are not visible. Tracked this down on one model to being at a distant location I know examining the model would help resolve that but since your loader has parsed every vertice you could calculate an average position for the models location. I will be trying to use model:position(index,x,y,z) to do this but not sure about the syntax - is index the vertex array? It could save us a lot of trouble in future if we can print out the average model(x,y,z) location to resolve locating models.

One other thing - how do camera and variable locations relate to pixels - seem to be an Oder of magnitude difference.