Codea 2.3.3 (Previously Codea 2.3.3 Beta Thread)

@Simeon If all of the projects are restricted, is there a reason to even show them. In my case, 480+ projects restricted, I would rather just see what I can import.

@dave1707 hmm good point. It’s already submitted for review so I’ll have to remove it in the following version.

I listed them in case it ever becomes a possibility in the future, but if it’s hindering your use of the app then they’ll have to go.

@Simeon They’re not hindering me because I only have 2 assets that aren’t Codea builtins. And those aren’t really being used for anything, so I probably wouldn’t need the import for them anyways. So you dont have to do anything for me.

@Simeon Here’s something I just came upon. If you tap a key, the keyboard function responds with the key pressed. If you tap a key and hold it, the keyboard function doesn’t respond with the key pressed unless it’s a key that has multiple characters assigned to it. I think the keyboard function should respond all the time.

function setup()
    showKeyboard()    
end

function keyboard(k)
    print(k.." pressed")
end

@Simeon I noticed something weird when using tween sequences. They don’t play after each other. Only the first one gets played correctly, other tweens just jump to their final form. Is this just me or is it a bug with tween.sequence?

Try to uncomment the obove lines to see what was intended…

Also a hint: When adding another tween.delay() in between of the two tweens in tween.sequence it works again.

-- Tween Delays

-- Use this function to perform your initial setup
function setup()
    obj1 = vec2(0, HEIGHT/2 + 50)
    obj2 = vec2(0, HEIGHT/2 - 50)

--[[
    tween(1, obj1, {x = WIDTH - 50})
    tween.delay(1, function() tween(1, obj2, {x = WIDTH - 50}) end)
    --]]

tween.sequence(
        tween.delay(.5),
        tween(1, obj1, {x = WIDTH - 50}),
        tween(10, obj2, {x = WIDTH - 50})
    )
end

function draw()
    background(40, 40, 50)

spriteMode(CORNER)
    sprite("Cargo Bot:Condition Any", obj1.x, obj1.y, 50, 50)
    sprite("Cargo Bot:Condition None", obj2.x, obj2.y, 50, 50)
end

@se24vad If I understand tween sequence correctly, it’s for only 1 tween object that gets moved from position to position to position, etc. Here’s an example of moving the Sprite to each circle.

function setup()
    point = {x = 20, y = 20}
    t1 = tween(3, point, {x = 100,y=HEIGHT-50})
    t2 = tween(3, point, {x = 250,y=50})
    t3 = tween(3, point, {x=300,y = HEIGHT-100})
    tween.sequence( t1, t2, t3 )
end

function draw()
    background(40, 40, 50)
    fill(255)
    ellipse(100,HEIGHT-50,10)
    ellipse(250,50,10)
    ellipse(300,HEIGHT-100,10)
    sprite("Planet Cute:Character Boy",point.x,point.y)    
end

Hi @dave1707,

You’ve just reminded me about an issue I occasionally get. Sometimes when I’ placing the cursor to edit a line it pastes a random character in at the cursor. Not limited to 2.3.3 (beta) though.

@se24vad I think that’s how tween sequences have always worked, each tween in the sequence has to be an operation on the same object.

@dave1707 @yojimbo2000 oh, well then ok. thank you for clarifying that.

I still can’t get an exported project to compile. They all fail with …

gunzip: /Users/MarkSumner/Downloads/ProjectName/Libs/libcodea.a.gz: not in gzip format

note: Downloading Tools Library...

% Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed   Time    Time     Time  Current

Dload  Upload   Total   Spent    Left  Speed

0     0    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:--     0
  0     0    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:--     0
100   221  100   221    0     0    390      0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:--   390

gunzip: /Users/MarkSumner/Downloads/OverSite/Libs/libtools.a.gz: not in gzip format

Command /bin/sh failed with exit code 1

Having lots of issues with export.

On initially exporting, I get an the error above pointing at the two lib files. Previously, if I copied them in from an older project in non-gz format, I could get the project to compile, but now I get another error.

error: /Users/MarkSumner/Downloads/ProjectName/Assets: No such file or directory

I can make it get past this step by adding an Assets directory, but that only causes it to crash on the next step with a complaint that it can’t find the file “ProjectName.codea” I can see that this file is referenced in the project, but it doesn’t exist in the Export.

If I delete the ProjectName.codea file from the Xcode project, the application will compile. However, it won’t run. It will immediately fail without an error message in the simulator.

Ah. On another look, I can see what’s happening here. The actual Lua code isn’t getting added to the Xcode project. Instead, an empty directory ending in .codea is created. So there’s no code to actually run when compiled.

@Mark I have a feeling the build script is looking to use http rather than https

If you select the target and go to Build Phases, then “Run Script”, the script in there needs to be modified to fetch the libraries from https URLs. The next update fixes this but it’s been in review with Apple for over a month!

@Simeon is the current beta exactly what Apple is reviewing? I thought you said they requested changes.

@CodingOnNapkins yes, I changed the beta to remove project import

@Simeon you don’t know how much this will help, I am really looking forward to the next update, and for the record, if they approve it for Beta Testing, they’re most likely gonna approve it. I do not want to be a beta tester, but how long do you think it will be before this update goes live?

@CamelCoder this update was just approved today. The next update isn’t submitted yet, I’m not exactly sure what I’ll be including either.

@simeon, My biggest concern is that on the beta even the project source wasn’t getting added into the export files. So, while you could use the http/https trick to get the app to eventually run (after a couple of other small changes) – what you ended up running was just the blank framework.

I switched back to the old version in order to support my existing apps, and I’m nervous about moving to this release until someone confirms they can export and compile a project with 2.3.3.

@Mark let me look into your issue. It’s odd that the project source isn’t getting added for you.

Do you want me to try to export one of your projects under 2.3.3 and see if it runs correctly?

@Simeon @John I got the update, and first thing I did was export all my projects, (took like 2 hours but was totally worth it). I have one bug tho, when I open the reference, there’s a black bar on the side of the screen, I’m on iPad Air 2 btw. Don’t take this as if I’m criticizing, I love Codea, just though I would let you know