Codea 2.0 Released - New Forums. New Site.

@Simeon , is possible export videos made with Codea with sounds? If is possible, how can I do?

@erickyamato not yet, it’s something we’re looking into.

@HyroVitalyProtago unfortunately that will continue to happen for “old” bookmarked discussions made for threads which were started on the previous forums. New discussion threads will have correct notifications (for example, if you bookmark this discussion).

@Simeon, congrats on the release! Does the old url redirect here?

@JakAttak it should redirect here

@Simeon - Ok. Something new about io ? (create/search in directory ?)

@HyroVitalyProtago I think vanilla just caches that part of the link (Codea/Talk) in its database when the thread is bookmarked. Because the database was moved over to this server, those old permalinks are pointing to the wrong folders. Over time it will rectify itself when the majority of threads are initially created on the new server.

First and most importantly… thanks to everyone involved for a really amazing update!
I am just checking out music implementation and I see from comments above that files need to be converted to m4a… are there other compatible file types and will there be examples / more documentation coming?

FWIW, I’ve been using .mp3 for awhile with no issues. My mp3 files show up in the picker, and they play just fine. I have an iPad 4 with iOS 7.1.

@toadkick I got mine to work too. Originally I just forgot to put them in the Codea App folder… Oops!

Update and site look amazing.

Feature request I really thought would be in here: setting the keyboard buffer? This would allow me to fix one tiny bug in my text box.

Just wanted to add my thanks and congratulations on the new release and the new web site. Looking forward to using both.

@SkyTheCoder +1
that would indeed help enormously…

Just Want to say i love the new utdate :D!

After a couple of hours with the new editor I’m loving it. All in all seems more stable and much more responsive. Will take a bit of getting used to the new “function” button layouts but can see it’ll be better in the long run.

A minor request @Simeon - when highlighting a word,line, chunk of text, if I then press the left arrow could the cursor move to the start of the highlighted region and not one character before. Similarly if tapping to the right with selected text could the cursor move to the end of the selected text, not the beginning plus one to the right.

Favourite thing about the new version - the most recently accessed project being first in the list on the main screen

Codea is currently #33 in productivity on the app store.
img img

That’s awesome! Glad people are enjoying it.

@Simeon, I hope the buzz and the big release help out sales - You guys deserve it!

Speaking of, in about a week or so, would you mind sharing how the update affected sales? I’m a little curious.

@toadkick +1, it’ll take a while for me to get used to the new keyboard layout. One thing I don’t like about it, is that on the comment key, it comments out the whole line and adds a space after the --, rather than inserting the – where the cursor is. I like to use – to comment out part of line, like

test = 500--WIDTH/HEIGHT*256

to change a variable while being able to revert a complicated line if I didn’t like the change.

I’ve found a minor typo in the documentation: in sounds > music( name ) > first paragraph: “THe loop parameter controls…”

And I fight the project sorting my last date opened slightly awkward on projects that weren’t the most recently opened project. If you [accidentally] closed the project, it’ll jump to the front, but your focus ln your projects won’t, meaning the project you had just opened is no longer visible on the project select screen, and you have to scroll to the front to find it again. Maybe make it so when you exit the project while date sorting is on, the focus moves to stay centered on the previously opened project?

Lastly, mesh zLevels in setContext(image) aren’t working for me, I still get odd backfacing issues. I thought the development twitter account said this had been fixed?

Edit: And what about downloading/saving sounds/music/shaders through code? We can do this for images, why not all assets?

Edit 2: The link “http://matthewvecchiomusic.com.au” for Game Music One and Game Sounds One assetpacks takes you to a “buy this domain” website. However, I did find via Google http://matthewvecchiomusic.blogspot.com, but I don’t see anything related to music/sounds downloads.

@SkyTheCoder +1

@Simeon and team, have just updated to iOS 7 and Codea 2.0, fabulous work…

One question, I have found, like others, some idiosyncracies, where is best to report these…

They range from possible bugs, nice-to-haves and some documentation issues… Should they just be added to the Tracker?

Cheers,
brookesi