Codea 2.0 Bugs

@SkyTheCoder block comments and block strings take about a second to pop up as red or green again between typing, throws me off sometimes.

I’ve come across a possible bug.

1. Start a new project
  2. Type sprite() in draw loop and select an image ( say Cargo bot title)
  3. Hit undo

The last few characters of the command are retained and appended to the empty sprite command - sprite()ot Title")

Anyone else getting this?

@West I see it too. Nice find.

Cheers for checking @dave1707 - have added it to the tracker

idk if anyone else had this before, and i don’t know what causes this yet
But sometimes, after running a program and returning to the editor, the tabs dissapear, like this:
http://m.imgur.com/qxEUdNU

After scrolling a bit (just make sure the tab-bar isn’t on screen anymore), the tabbar returns after going back up

edit: just touching inside the editor, and then scrolling your finger down will do the trick to fix it, bit it keeps happening to me rather frequently

@stevon8ter I came across that when I was beta testing 2.0 . I thought @Simeon fix it, but maybe it broke again in another release.

@dave1707 just thought i’d let you know it’s still there ;p

but good to know I’m not the first and only one who has/had this bug

@stevon8ter @dave1707 When I created my first project in Codea 2.0, I got that bug, and couldn’t make any new tabs. I thought tabs had somehow been removed at first. :stuck_out_tongue:

@SkyTheCoder I can imagine you felt like: ‘omg… what…? where are my tabs…? what? help? HELP?!’

kinda like that? xp

“elseif” and “else” don’t indent correctly.

Anyone else getting an occasional “WARNING: -finishWriting should not be called on the main thread.” logged in the runtime?

Editor autoindent bug

this is minor, but autoindent gives this:

if type(data) == "table"
    then self[key] = data.value
        else self[key] = data
    end

while ‘then’ and ‘else’ should be aligned.

Editor crash

when i do:
1/ run saveproject(tab,text).
2/ stop the project running, inspect tab,
3/ select tab content and delete or cut it,
then codea crashes systematically.

Here’s a (redraw?) bug in the built-in editor. In the pic below, even though you have a return character at the end the line after the “then” the next line down is overwriting the one below it. Not sure how to replicate but has happened a few times. Going to another tab and back redraws OK.

And another editor bug this time in Aircode but only experienced in Safari so far, not Chrome. This is similar to what the built in editor in Codea used to do. Basically, although the picture doesn’t show it, if I were to type or delete where the insertion point is on the line the text will add to or deleted from the end of line i.e. the “]”. Essentially the insertion point is in the wrong location.
@se24vad I think it is possibly the same as your problem?

@todddixon - I’ve edited your earlier post to embed the image. If you press Edit on that post, you will see how to do it.

Cheers mate. Just some simple HTML, eh? I should have played more!

I have noted the following:

1. Calling music(nil) crashes Codea (I stupidly did this to try and stop the music instead of using music.stop()

2. When using find, as soon as you navigate to e.g. the first occurrence and make a change the find results disappear and the search term gets blanked out, really annoying when you want to review a series of occurrences, have to keep typing the search term back in

3. Case-sensitive find/replace would be massively useful, I’m sure there’s an issue in the tracker :wink:

4. Codea splash screen no longer appears in 2.0 when app built

Brookesi

Video recording bug.

see http://codea.io/talk/discussion/comment/44011#Comment_44011 there is a few lines on top of the image that are wrong (ghosting).

1. == bug ‘==’ turns in to '= ’ with a space where the second equals sign should be.
  2. only one colour preview being shown:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/b31jbhidwnnnh0q/2014-04-02%2020.46.32.png
  3. sprite bug in multiline string:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/7cn4gytwt6em2kh/2014-04-06%2012.43.19.png